Who has already done the electric fans

SuperSport

Better gas mileage :thumbs:

Only drawback with these is if you tow anything heavy. I've found my tranny temp runs a little higher when towing when it's warm out. The engine temp stays the same though.

Tom

i installed the flex a lite 282 last weekend and along with the asp underdrive pulleys. there is a big gain imo i spun all the tires last nite in a parking lot playing around. it gave me a woody :D but i have changed my tstat and i shouldn't have untill i reprogrammed the computer. because it still stays around the 200 mark. i have heard that the engine over compinsates for it.

but i have changed my tstat and i shouldn't have untill i reprogrammed the computer. because it still stays around the 200 mark. i have heard that the engine over compinsates for it.

I ran a 160* stat on my last truck ('00 Silverado 5.3L) and it usually ran about 190-200 when it was warmed up. I think this is probably normal.

:cheers:

deezel

i installed the flex a lite 282 last weekend and along with the asp underdrive pulleys. there is a big gain imo i spun all the tires last nite in a parking lot playing around. it gave me a woody :D but i have changed my tstat and i shouldn't have untill i reprogrammed the computer. because it still stays around the 200 mark. i have heard that the engine over compinsates for it.

Actually, no it doesn't over compensate. A temp rating on a thermostat only indicates at what temp the stat opens to allow flow. Your fans and radiator indicate the temp at which the coolant will stay at. Buy reprograming the PCM, you have the fans come on sooner, to take advantage of the new lower thermostat.

So a new thermostat goes hand in hand with reprograming. but one without the other, will do little, if anything at all.

Get that sucker reprogramed. BTW, when mine spins all four, I'd have wood too! :P

Archived