Detailed the SS

well last night i detailed my buddy's duramax for him.... I used 3M perfect it rubbing compound, then 3M perfect it finishing glaze, and then i topped it off with meguire's tech wax... I was amazed how good the truck looked so i decided to do the same to mine tonight :cool:

These are the materials that i used, (the orbital and rotational buffers are not pictured) sorry, this pic is a bit shakey

1000979mediumlh6.jpg

My buddy's D-max

1000980mediumxn2.jpg

I got a little creative when applying the Perfect It rubbing compound :D

1000985mediumju0.jpg

My truck (SilveSter [yeah i named the truck :jester:]) all shined up

1000990mediumtu0.jpg

Hope ya'all enjoyed :thumbs:

Did you do it all by hand??

no, I used a rotaional style buffer with a Meguire's foam pad to apply the 3M Perfect It Rubbing compound, then I applied the 3M Perfect it finishing glaze by hand and removed it with an orbital buffer, then I applied Meguire's Tech wax by hand and removed it with a micro-fiber cloth.

There are virtually no swirl marks and very few scratches left. I need to repeat the process once before winter hits.

OK, I'm looking for a long lasting, tough wax for when the snow flies and they start spraying the roads. I'm told that Zaino lasts a long time, and I plan on waxing it 1-2 times a month, as apposed to 4-5 times a month during the summer months :D (I really have nothing better to do during the summer, besides wakeboard and work)

• 2 weeks later...

i love the way the truck looks after i use NXT, but it doesnt last long. i'm going to try Klasse all in one then a few coats of Klasse Sealant glaze. i'm also getting my truck ready for the winter and i hear that Klasse lasts pretty long.