Sea Doo watercraft

prtofcali

i used to have some ski's but not sea doo. they are really bad ass but the thing that turned me off to them was anytime i went to the beach is that the people that had sea doo were under the hood more than they were on the water. this was a couple years ago though they might be more reliable now.

I got a 06 RXP, The thing is awesome, Its will do about 69.6 on GPS. What are you looking to know about the machine. The rxp and the rxt are almost the same except for being a 3 seater...I looked into the 3 seater but wanted a sportier model...The new 4 strokes are real reliable. What are they quoting you for the machine? JAc

Edited by ItsJac (see edit history)

I have had two 96 GTS's since they were new and the main problem I have ever had with them was the batteries going dead if you don't use them often enough. I had the bearings in one of the jet drives lock up but it appeared when I took it apart as if they never put enough lube in the housing to start with but even then it made it about 5 years before ever having a problem. Other than that I have never had any other issues with them.

i used to own a 04 sea doo gtx supercharged.. was a great ski but i wouldnt buy one again only bc it was more of a gas burner then my ss.. used to own a 03 gtx di and i could run 2 8 hour full throtle days bc i needed to fill it up the gtx supercharged would only last about 6 hours maybe less.... look into the di models there alot more mpg and just as fast....

easyest way is go rent one first and play on it for a day or a cupple weakends. you might find 215 hp sound awsom in the store but on the water it's not all that great.

i rented one and first 2 hours was heaven on water, but then the tourist came out woken from their drunken slumber and i spent the rest of the day at 1/2 throttle dodgeing idiots and trying not to bust my nuts on the huge waves made by tubers and slow ass pontoons and them freeking houses on water with motors stuck to the back.

but dam the first 2 hours was fun as hell.

easyest way is go rent one first and play on it for a day or a cupple weakends. you might find 215 hp sound awsom in the store but on the water it's not all that great.

i rented one and first 2 hours was heaven on water, but then the tourist came out woken from their drunken slumber and i spent the rest of the day at 1/2 throttle dodgeing idiots and trying not to bust my nuts on the huge waves made by tubers and slow ass pontoons and them freeking houses on water with motors stuck to the back.

but dam the first 2 hours was fun as hell.

Your right it's not a toy for the old :crackup:

Look at the yamaha gp 1300r.  i have a 06.  it is faster than the sea do's

Faster in the rough, faster while turning.

Faster in a straight line...NO WAY.

The GP1300R is a GREAT ski...I'd reccomend it over the Sea-Doo anyday...but it's a true 66-67mph on GPS. The RXP will do closer to 70....stock for stock.

Now, is drag / grudge racing on the water fun? For about ~3 minutes. It's MUCH more fun to actually be able to turn and jump waves, etc...

Anyway, to the original question:

I WOULD NOT buy a Sea-Doo.

The old 2-strokes were unreliable as compared to othe rbrands...and the new 4-stroke S/C'd ones are having problems with the superchargers.

You're better off with a Yamaha, or a Kawasaki...take the 2-3mph hit, and have a ski that's on the water...not in the shop.

See here for EVERYTHING you need to know: www.pwctoday.com

(...and FWIW, the GreenHulk.net site that was posted above...those guys are interested in straight line speed ONLY...so take their advice with a grain of salt)

- Brian

I have a 2004 RXP and love it. I bought it as a leftover and have put about 45 hours on it. I am a member of Green Hulk's forums and have modified my RXP quite a bit. Mine has a Riva Stage 1, Rotax Racing Power Pipe, Denso Iridium plugs, Riva Blow Off Valve, and an updated clutch with Rotax Racing washers and it absolute rips. My best on GPS was around low 74's and I am 6'2" 200 Pds. For around $1000 you can easily run 74's-75's, it would take thousands to make a GPR run those numbers. I would buy the extended warranty and if you buy an '04 or '05, make sure the supercharger clutch, etc is updated to 2006 model specs. That is about the only problem with the earlier ski's, other than that I would say they are easily the most reliable "Muscle Craft" on the market today.

And FYI, 'the guys" at Greenhulk.net are not just interested in "going in a straight line", you will find plenty of articles and write ups about handling (NOPAS, Sponsons, Intake grates, etc). There are quite a few course racers and extreme rec riders that are just as interested in handling as speed. Jerry Gaddis (the site creator) can tell you the ins and outs of which sponsons, etc are the best mainly because he has tested just about every aftermarket part for the RXP. On the other hand Steve "Shibby1485" can tell you the ins and outs of the RXT performance parts.

And FYI, 'the guys" at Greenhulk.net are not just interested in "going in a straight line", you will find plenty of articles and write ups about handling (NOPAS, Sponsons, Intake grates, etc).  There are quite a few course racers and extreme rec riders that are just as interested in handling as speed.  Jerry Gaddis (the site creator) can tell you the ins and outs of which sponsons, etc are the best mainly because he has tested just about every aftermarket part for the RXP.  On the other hand Steve "Shibby1485" can tell you the ins and outs of the RXT performance parts.

:withstupid: I learned alot from them...