New Valve covers!

Jonmalibuss

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so these should bolt right on? they would look cool but the coil pacs would kinda hide them :dunno:

There is one big problem I ran into after I ordered these... The part # listed on the web site is technically the drivers side valve cover which you have to drill yor own PCV hole in. I then looked in the GM performance book and found out they have a different part # for the passenger side which has the oil fill. It's not a problem for me because I have a "Pro Werks" billet oil fill bung/cap which I am going to weld into the valve cover. Also for my application I will not be using the pcv and I will be welding two -12 fittings on the back side of each valve cover.

As far as the coil packs go I will be mounting them elsewhere to keep a clean look on the top side of the engine.

As far as the coil packs go I will be mounting them elsewhere to keep a clean look on the top side of the engine.

Interesting, I've been "mind fabricating" some relocation brackets, but everything I've come up with so far requires longer length plug wires... What are your ideas?

Interesting, I've been "mind fabricating" some relocation brackets, but everything I've come up with so far requires longer length plug wires... What are your ideas?

I don't see longer plug wires being much of an issue, I mean look at the c6r they don't mount them on the valve covers and they have pretty damn long wires. I'm kinda thinking of mounting them down low along the sides of the block because I will have room there when I'm done.

I don't see longer plug wires being much of an issue, I mean look at the c6r they don't mount them on the valve covers and they have pretty damn long wires. I'm kinda thinking of mounting them down low along the sides of the block because I will have room there when I'm done.

Room along the sides of the block? ...but the headers run along that area. Are you going turbo?

Where, oh where, would you find the expertise needed to go turbo? :jester:

Room along the sides of the block? ...but the headers run along that area. Are you going turbo?

Where, oh where, would you find the expertise needed to go turbo? :jester:

:dunno::lol:

Very nice choice Jon. Those should look hot.  :thumbs:

How about anodized medium to dark gray with the "CHEVROLET" remachined with all the rest of the cast aluminum on the engine done in the same?

Powder coated all the way! I like them in red or black with the machined letters, but dark gray metalic would look O.K. too I guess. Give me a PM if you want any help getting them powder coated... I've been doing that for quite some time... :thumbs: