Simplify Lowering Process Please

prtofcali

The other option is the Belltech leafs. They were not designed for the SS or VHO trucks though. They will drop the rear lower than the front. In that case you will then need to crank in your torsion bars a little to lower the front to satisfy your lowered truck appearance and taste of what you want it to look like. The leafs also require you to use shims in some applications.

Good Luck!

Jim

I found this to be odd. When I called Belltech directly(KW) They actually suggested going with the leaf pack, for two reasons.

1. The fastest easiest way to lower the rear.

2. No shims were required because the pack takes into account the pinion angle.

Yes I did have to use the keys to drop the front to compliment the rear, the truck rides just fine.

I beieve you, but the guy I spoke with said don't use them and he does not recommend them in any way.

Let me ask you this, if I want the rear to be 1-1/2" higher than the front when using the 2" Belltech front spindles and the Belltech rear leafs, how would this be accomplished? I would not be wanting to lower the front much lower than it already is by cranking off the torsion bars. That much lowering in the front will cause the front suspension to ride too soft and bouncy. I don't want my truck level basically with my lowering kit.

I would love to use the Belltech leafs, but I don't want a big dissappointment by having to lower the front too much.

I'm confused again on what to do.

I might just do the 2" front lowering spindles and just the 2" lowering shackles in the rear. Add some shims to get the right pinion angle, and be done with it.

What do you think?

Jim

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's what I am looking for now (spindles instead of keys) . You will want to buy some shocks as well, the stocker will get on your nerves quickly. You won't need shims if you don't go past 2/2 drop. At lest I didn't put shims and it is ok.

spindles+shackles+shocks if you ask me :cheers:

I might just do the 2" front lowering spindles and just the 2" lowering shackles in the rear. Add some shims to get the right pinion angle, and be done with it.

What do you think?

My little bro just lowered his 06 V-MAX 2/2 with the shackle out back and the key and torsion adjustment up front. Rides like stock and looks decent.

I got the beltech drop leafs on order(should be here friday) and I am gonna install the spindles up front. If that don't go low enough I am adding the 1" shackle out back and dropping the front another inch for a 3/4 drop.

Edited by OUT2WIN (see edit history)

Yes just 2" shackles in the back. No shims were needed. No vibrations at all. My 99 ECSB had 2" shackles out back before the 4/6 drop and it needed the shim bad cause it would vibrate on a hard launch.

EDIT: It was also lowered 2" up front. (that may be a reason for not needing shims) :dunno:

Edited by OUT2WIN (see edit history)

wait so let me get this right, with the belltech leafs, you can actually get a 3.5" drop out of it by removing the spacers? I'm willing to get spindles and turn the bars a little if i can get that extra .5" from the leafs.... Would this cause any other problems on an awd truck?

Here's what that looks like..

How is the overall ride quality with it that low?

I like it HUGE difference getting in and out of the truck. Rides about the same as stock, but tighter(more sure footed), the rear shocks are the belltech nitros, and the fronts are stock. I want it to be a touch bit more solid, and will be getting sway bars, and nitro shocks for the front in the future.

Looks good, but that way lower than what I would want. That low isn't good for towing. I know you can add air bags, but it's just too low for most trailer hidths. You would have to put a raised hitch on, and that actually places more stress on your frame from the weight of the trailer twisting at the frame upon sudden stops.

You want the weight dipersion more even with the frame.

Anyways, I said too much.

Comes down to this for me: 2" spindles+ 2" shackles + 2* shims + 4 Belltech shocks. I'm still contemplating on if I should do the Caltracs or not. Since I already have them that is.

Jim

Edited by CHEVY6000VHO (see edit history)

Looks good, but that way lower than what I would want. That low isn't good for towing. I know you can add air bags, but it's just too low for most trailer hidths. You would have to put a raised hitch on, and that actually places more stress on your frame from the weight of the trailer twisting at the frame upon sudden stops.

You want the weight dipersion more even with the frame.

Anyways, I said too much.

Comes down to this for me: 2" spindles+ 2" shackles + 2* shims + 4 Belltech shocks. I'm still contemplating on if I should do the Caltracs or not. Since I already have them that is.

Jim

Oh, I forgot, should I use my carrier bearing relocator bracket?

Jim