CAI - GM Performance Parts

Rays B4U

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $195 for my outlaw off of ebay. But in defense of the price, that is a pretty fancy top and you really are paying for the bling that comes on that intake. I know machined/polished aluminum isnt that expensive, but it is "different" from other cold air intakes although it does not offer any more power for the price. Someone who is getting billet and polished parts for the engine bay would benefit fromt he intake.

I wonder whose air cleaner element they used, it's not a K&N...

Mr. P.

i have that intake installed right now as a matter of fact. works fantastic, and i saw no losses on the dyno over my old K&N CAI. also, the filter element is a bright redish orange paper filter, disposable. GMPP makes it, its not like an airriad or k&n. IMO the k&n type is a higher flowing filter, but the GM one is huge and the airbox works really nice. IAT before the throttle body went down a good bit over the k&n..... also, the polished tube included with the GM kit will fit the k&n polished tube inside of it :eek: thats my favorite part

Seems a bit high priced for what you get. I wonder if they have tested results on it?

Using a filter that does not need to be oiled might be a better way to go. I never know when I've used too much or not enough. I have heard that the oil could affect the MAF sensor. I wonder how much does the filter cost? :dunno: