Has anyone tried the l92 heads with the L76 intake

I was reading in the new GM High Tech Performance that GM is selling the stock L92 heads off the new 403 hp 6.2 for 350 bucks each complete. They are also offering the L76 intake with 90mm throttle body,40lb injectors and fuel rail for under $500. That sounds like some affordable HP gains! I wanted to know if anyone has done the swap or is planning to do it. If not maybe I'll be first!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what I was reading the l92 heads flow like crazy, and for the price they cannot be beat... I was looking into these couple of months ago, But Gm didnt not have a intake that went with these...I might have to get the kits now...1300 for a head and intake upgrade IS NOT TO BAD..... :cheers:

i have a set of those heads i plan on getting the exhaust cleaned up some and would like to get them milled down some so i can up my CR on my 408

issues with thsoe heads are your typical LS cams wont work properly. these heads like more of a 20* split unlike typical LS cams around 8* split

also that intake isnt availble yet, its been on back order since may

you guys can run the truck intake with the heads you dont need the L76 intake but in a car intake situation like i run i need the car intake

the intake side of the heads flow 330 i believe at .600 lift and are capable of reving around mid 7,xxx

• 2 weeks later...
i have a set of those heads i plan on getting the exhaust cleaned up some and would like to get them milled down some so i can up my CR on my 408

issues with thsoe heads are your typical LS cams wont work properly. these heads like more of a 20* split unlike typical LS cams around 8* split

you guys can run the truck intake with the heads you dont need the L76 intake but in a car intake situation like i run i need the car intake

the intake side of the heads flow 330 i believe at .600 lift and are capable of reving around mid 7,xxx

so are you saying we could get these heads and use the stock intake???

whould using the truck intake limit the gains?

I have read good things about these heads but how do they compair to CNC'd stock heads???

I have read good things about these heads but how do they compair to CNC'd stock heads???

yes they out flow greatly compared to other worked over heads. yes you can usethe the esclade intake and as for restrictions it would same as the truck intake on your ride now

It would probably be a usefull place for the GT7 Lingenfelter cam.

yes they out flow greatly compared to other worked over heads. yes you can usethe the esclade intake and as for restrictions it would same as the truck intake on your ride now

I think he was asking if the stock SSS intake could be used, and it can't. You have to use either the new LS7 intake from the Z06 'vette, or the stock Escalde intake. These new heads have a square intake port, not the cathedral intake ports like the LS1/LS6 type, and won't match our stock intake.

I think he was asking if the stock SSS intake could be used, and it can't. You have to use either the new LS7 intake from the Z06 'vette, or the stock Escalde intake. These new heads have a square intake port, not the cathedral intake ports like the LS1/LS6 type, and won't match our stock intake.
That head uses the same exhaust flange (headers) right? I'm assuming so since nobody has said otherwise...

The LS7 port and bolt pattern are both different than the L92

Eli, the guy that has the LS7 2007 Tahoe is running Dynatech headers for the 5.3L and he said the headers bolted up without any problems. FYI

Eli, the guy that has the LS7 2007 Tahoe is running Dynatech headers for the 5.3L and he said the headers bolted up without any problems. FYI

Thats still comparing apples to oranges... The L92 heads are not the same as LS7 heads the exhaust flange pattern is the same but it is raised quite a bit above the centerline of the head. I would guess that the headers would work but you could run into clearance issues because the headers are mounted further up on the heads.

These new heads have a square intake port, not the cathedral intake ports like the LS1/LS6 type, and won't match our stock intake.

Would this work with the radix that utilizes the 8 squarish gaskets as opposed to the one-piece-per-side gaskets?

I dought magnuson has a manifold for these heads yet.

The earlier radix kits used individual square gaskets for each port as opposed to the style of gaskets used by GM on our trucks.

That isn't the only problem the L92 heads have a raised port and from what I have seen it looks as if they are shifted slightly to one side, but the bolt pattern remains the same. I took the LS1 Weiand aluminum intake I have and bolted it to the L92 head and the port was high enough and far enough to one side for me to see the corner of the port on the head.