Has anyone tried the l92 heads with the L76 intake

I dought magnuson has a manifold for these heads yet.

The earlier radix kits used individual square gaskets for each port as opposed to the style of gaskets used by GM on our trucks.

That isn't the only problem the L92 heads have a raised port and from what I have seen it looks as if they are shifted slightly to one side, but the bolt pattern remains the same. I took the LS1 Weiand aluminum intake I have and bolted it to the L92 head and the port was high enough and far enough to one side for me to see the corner of the port on the head.

Good to know. Basing my ponderings on ss-boon-ss's post only. Thanks for the info. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have a set of those heads i plan on getting the exhaust cleaned up some and would like to get them milled down some so i can up my CR on my 408

issues with thsoe heads are your typical LS cams wont work properly. these heads like more of a 20* split unlike typical LS cams around 8* split

also that intake isnt availble yet, its been on back order since may

you guys can run the truck intake with the heads you dont need the L76 intake but in a car intake situation like i run i need the car intake

the intake side of the heads flow 330 i believe at .600 lift and are capable of reving around mid 7,xxx

why is it they dont like a typical ls cam, with a blower and a blower cam i dont see it making that big of a difference?

I thought you also had to have offset rocker arms for either the exhaust of the intake side, i cant remember though, and also i thought the valve covers were different.  Just what i have been told though, i could be wrong.

The current valve covers will fit just fine. You will need to run the stock rockers since they do require offset rockers and none of the aftermarket rockers on the market will work just yet. I'm sure someone like Jessel will be making a rocker system to fit it very soon.

i have a set of those heads i plan on getting the exhaust cleaned up some and would like to get them milled down some so i can up my CR on my 408

issues with thsoe heads are your typical LS cams wont work properly. these heads like more of a 20* split unlike typical LS cams around 8* split

also that intake isnt availble yet, its been on back order since may

you guys can run the truck intake with the heads you dont need the L76 intake but in a car intake situation like i run i need the car intake

the intake side of the heads flow 330 i believe at .600 lift and are capable of reving around mid 7,xxx

why is it they dont like a typical ls cam, with a blower and a blower cam i dont see it making that big of a difference?

since how hte flow rate is so offset. to maximize these heads you need a cam that is more of a split duration then your typical 10* ls split

im just going off all info ive read.....figure a typical ls1 head flows 250-270 ported ones higher but this is a stock head the flows 330 on intake and the exhaust is much lower. so compared to a ls1 head that flows not that far apart and uses not that much duration split youll need more duration split to help maximize flow. you could use a typical ls cam but wouldnt be as effiecent as a cam that is setup for these heads..again just goint off info off tech

Are both intake and exthaust different or just one or the other?  i was told that you could use the ls1 rockers on the side that doesnt need offset rockers.

you can get complete from valves to rocker guides to rockers for around 800 bucks. for that price i wouldnt worry about using ls rockers when they come with them

on ebay has them.

since how hte flow rate is so offset. to maximize these heads you need a cam that is more of a split duration then your typical 10* ls split

im just going off all info ive read.....figure a typical ls1 head flows 250-270 ported ones higher but this is a stock head the flows 330 on intake and the exhaust is much lower. so compared to a ls1 head that flows not that far apart and uses not that much duration split youll need more duration split to help maximize flow. you could use a typical ls cam but wouldnt be as effiecent as a cam that is setup for these heads..again just goint off info off tech

Exhaust porting should bring the intake/exhaust ratio back into line.