Can the Horn be replaced??

fox_forma

Just like the title says, is there another horn fro maybe another GM vehicle that doesnt sound so stupid? I'm not trying to put train horns on or anything but apparently people are driving worse and worse each day and I'm getting sick of the sissy sounding horn out trucks have. I think my street bike horn was louder and more manly. You would thing we would have something a little more bad ass but I guess not. I have searched around but all the suggestions say train horns which i dont want to do.

train horn!!! :smash:

You should check out www.Horblasters.com for a serious horn. Install one of these babies and nobody will think your a girlie

I dont want anything that needs air tanks or any of that crap, just a re-wire of something stronger possibly. I did state that in my first post if i recall :banghead:

One thing is many other trucks out there have stronger sounding horns so I was thinking maybe something from another model will somehow work. With our horn it feels like I should be wearing a pink sweater, have a small terrier on my lap and a rainbow sticker on the back window everytime it gets used :jester:

Just a thought...buy another of the same horn already in the truck and wire it in series with the existing horn.

A couple guys on the Solstice forum did that with their horns and said it was a mjor improvement. :dunno:

How to write up (from the sol forum)

Edited by Lefty (see edit history)