Pics of smithl3's new BLACK SS...

Hey Guys,

This is my truck here. I ended up buying two 2.5 inch offset inlet/ center outlet 40 series flowmasters. I had them welded just at the end of the exhaust hanger in front of the right rear tires and then have them snugged up against the body.

I removed the plastic side valance, it is simply double sided taped, and screwed on. A little dental floss and patience you can get it off. I left it off for the guy to get the tips as clost to the body as possible. Then I fitted the plastic side piece to fit around the tips.

I cut the piece by taping it off, and marking it with a marker, then I used a jig saw for roughing it. I smoothed it out with a wide plastic grinder with a dremel to finish it. I never chipped the paint or anything, as you can see in the one picture it is a clean edge.

Any questions, let me know. I have gotten a lot of looks, and I love the sound.

Thanks SSminneapolis for hosting the pictures, you da man! :thumbs::smash:

I Forgot to mention. The amber bulb that was in the outer side in the lower section of lights I had painted. Similar to Phillips silver vision bulbs, that look silver, and blink amber. I simply painted the amber bulb with a little silver spray paint, and now you can't tell they are amber until they are on. Looks :cool:

I also did the same with the smaller outer clear bulb. I replaced it with a painted amber one, so now I can pass inspection and have an amber blinker. It gives the truck an all black and silver look. :D

Archived