accident

xxjiggaxx

i got into an accident this morning.:cry: Traffic was coming to a halt and i stopped in time and didn't hit the guy in front of me but 2 seconds after i stopped i felt a bump. The guy behind me (in a ford no doubt) couldn’t stop in time. All i thought was shit! :mad:

We exchanged info and i was on my way. I had a dr's apt and a dentist apt to go to. so when i got home i called his insurance company to file a claim. To my surprise he had already called them and told them that he was at fault. They told me i could make an appointment to drop off my truck for repairs at their preferred shop or go to my own. So i am dropping off my truck in the morning at their building. It doesn't look bad at all, from what i could tell, just a few scratches, and the support bracket was bent.

So far i am very impressed with his insurance company (progressive) I expected it to be at least a few days before they would even look at it, not the next day, I could have even taken it in today if i wanted to.

I will try to get some pics later and post them up.

i'm glad he was honest too. If you make a mistake fess up to it, it's better in the long run and you dont seem like an ass when people find out the thuth. i always try to be honest. I was in an accident, that wasn't my fault (she pulled out in front of me) in my first truck and she tried it say that I ran a red light.

I don't see any obvious damage to the bed, but you never know what could be under the truck.

I'm just surprised its going so fast.

That wouldn't happen in Miami.

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

:banghead::(:eek:

:withstupid:

Someone just hit my truck last week down near MIA airport and of course didn't leave a note or anything. :mad: I park miles away from everyone too. Really pisses me off. The truck was basically scratch free and had just been zaino'd. :tear:

On the bright side, they hit my rear bumper leaving some good scratches on the corner, which may give me a great excuse to install the rollpan! :thumbs:

$574 for the bumper cover, $396 for the bumper, and over $400 for paint and labor.....'

unless you can find one on the site or within traveling distance that has one for sale, huh POPEYE....

i just got hit a month ago by a guy who had no insurance, but he has come clean so far w/ the money....$3365 estimate paid in full, has to the 15th to pay $1000 hassle and my daughter being in the car THEN I SIGN THE WAIVER THAT HE WANTS SO, SO BAD!

Hi any reason you choose their (insurance) preferred shop rather than

go to you own?

DW

no, not really. I dont just dont know a whole lot of body shops in the area. and so far they seem cool, bout we shal see. I'll be leaving in a few minutes to drop off the truck. I will get some pics before I leave.