WHATS WITH THE BACK SEAT !!!!

geomcrider

I read somewhere in here yersterday that the back seats of out SS is cheap plastic and not leather. Sure enough I checked last night and guess what !! It looks like, feels like and behind it is "pink" backing. (it is not leather) Unless that was a female cow !!! Just pop open the back door on the drivers side and kneel down and look under the seat. Roll a piece of material back and presto-pink stuff attached to the plastic material.

I am pissed that GM got one over on us. And also pissed that there is "pink color" in this 42K machine. How does GM get away with this...probably on the window sticker it says "Leather Buckets" not leather interior. I traded in a 1998 GMC Sierra 4 x 4 and that back seat was all leather. My wife has a 2002 Avalanch and thats is "ALL" leather. I called the dealer yesterday and they were as suprised as I was and told me to call GM. I am going to but has anybody else inquired about this deception that GM pulled on us.

What else did the skimp on...anybody else know ?

Besides that, I love that machine !

I have noticed that almost all gm leather interiors are advertised as "Leather seating surfaces" meaning the part your ass and back touches is leather. Everywhere else is vinyl. The back seats are entirely vinyl. Kinda sad that a big $$$$ vehicle is skimped on like this, but it is supposed to be a durability issue. They told me vinyl will look better than the leather in the long haul!

:withstupid:

Dodge and Ford also has leather seating surfaces on all seats.

I cannot figure out why(except for greed) GM gave a 54K(Can $$) truck :fume: cheap rear seat.

Maybe Katskins can provide a group price to our community :P

Dr Mike :wtf:

I have noticed that almost all gm leather interiors are advertised as "Leather seating surfaces" meaning the part your ass and back touches is leather. Everywhere else is vinyl. The back seats are entirely vinyl. Kinda sad that a big $$$$ vehicle is skimped on like this, but it is supposed to be a durability issue. They told me vinyl will look better than the leather in the long haul!

Yeah, considering how cheep GM would be on leather if it was full surface leather, I for one am glad they did it this way. It will last longer in the "Long Haul" Heck, in 1999, they issued a service bulletin to replace the seat bolsters on the vettes with "high quality" vinyl. :rolleyes:

I hope they look better in real life than they do on the site! I wasn't impressed with the fit! The quality looked OK, but they could fit better. They kinda looked loose fitting. Our stock seats are nice and tight! That is why stock seats last longer, they fit tightly. Just like carpeting. Loose is bad, prone to wear out early. Does anyone actually have these on their truck? How do you like them?

SuperDave

Archived