F-ing lovebugs

tawss04

I dont know who was the brilliant one :yellow_loser::nono: at the University of Florida that though up the idea of bringing lovebugs to Fl. :mad: They are suppose to eat mosquitos but all they do is fly around and screw (sounds like fun though :D ) They are in fullforce around here. I washed my truck Sat. because it was covered with them. I drove into Gainseville to the track Sat night and they were all over it again :banghead: (I think it effected my E.T :jester: ). Yesterday I went to Daytona and it looks like someone sandblasted the front off my truck with them. I wash regularly but it has aready started to cause pitting in the paint :banghead: .

My shop looks like a war zone for lovebugs, they ar esworming my shp and there are dead bugs all over the floor. The F-ers keep landing on me and I have to make sure its not a bug thats gonna sting :mad::rant:

Edited by tawss04 (see edit history)

We call em lady bugs out here... 

Love Bugs are different from lady bugs...little black flies that serve NO purpose.

Lovebugs.jpg

That's how they ALWAYS look...2 of 'em hooked together, flying around having sex and ruining paint.

Their little acidic asses eat our paint SO fast, it's rediculous. In HOURS, seriously.

Here's some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug

- Brian

Edited by orion :: SS (see edit history)

We call em lady bugs out here... 

Love Bugs are different from lady bugs...little black flies that serve NO purpose.

Lovebugs.jpg

That's how they ALWAYS look...2 of 'em hooked together, flying around having sex and ruining paint.

Their little acidic asses eat our paint SO fast, it's rediculous. In HOURS, seriously.

Here's some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug

- Brian

That's awesome. :D

I google image'd love bugs and a bunch of lady bug pics came up so I assumed they were the same.

We have May Flies here in,...you guessed it, May. I was driving next to a river one day and in a matter of 2 seconds, I had to pull over because I couldn't see out of my windshield. I ended up taking a credit card and scraping a spot off so I can drive. I went right to the car wash and hosed them off before they hardened up. :(

I feel your pain, my front end is covered, I go thru a couple gallons of washer fluid a week. The worst about love bugs is they are attracted to Carbon Monoxide, so they swarm the highways. :tear:

Yea I know, they are all over my shop. I have a auto repair shop so yea they seem to like it here.

Try smearing vaseline across the front of the hood and grill. The bugs won't stick and eat your paint. Pain to wash off, but easier than bug guts. Used to do this in Jacksonville back in the early 70's. Yea the lovebugs were bad back then too.

Try smearing vaseline across the front of the hood and grill. The bugs won't stick and eat your paint. Pain to wash off, but easier than bug guts. Used to do this in Jacksonville back in the early 70's. Yea the lovebugs were bad back then too.

I heard Pam cooking spray wooks great, just have not tried it. I washed it Mon. night and again about and 1hr ago :banghead: