f150 harley davidson...

SSminneapolis

Welcome HDMLNIUM, I like your first post (Open and Honest ). I think we all feel about like you do . Sometimes we need posts like this one :thumbs: A little friendly competition is good . Thats a very impressive time for your Denali . You got a good one :thumbs: And what the heck have you done to that "L" :cheers: Sweet

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viperkiller97,

Thanks for the Welcome. :cheers:

I didn't think the Denali was quick for them, it ran 16.194 @ 83.23 bone stock with 300 miles on her. The Westers really woke her up, I gained just over a full second with the new ECM and the Volant, very happy. :jester:

I have a couple other (free mods) that I did to, throttle body bypass, and pulled the screen out of the Mass air meter.

But for those few mods, I think a full second is pretty good.

I want to do some long tube headers, high flow cats, Corsa cat back Exhaust, Flex-Lite 282 fans, and the 180 degree thermostat and housing. Just waiting for Tom (T Byrne) to return my e-mail on a total price.

I hope that those mods put it hard into the 14's?? What do you think??

As far as my Lightning goes, I have done pretty much everything that is out there.

JDM built motor, Kenne Bell blower, BTS tranny, 2600 stall, JDM long tube Stepped headers, 3" midpipes, x-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Fully upgraded fuel system, pumps, lines, filter, 50 lb injectors, 6 point roll bar, ETC..

I tried to add my F150 photo gallery to my signature but it kept on coming up with an era??

I couldn't even add a sig pic??

Anyway I have been reading this site for a little while now and it looks like a great place to hang out and learn.

If you have any suggestions for my Denali that you think will work good, feel free to share them.

Thanks,

Bill-03-SD

Hi HD, How's it going???

For those of you that don't know, this guy is kind of a legend in the Lightning world...

What are you now, the #1 quickest non-pro racer? I know you're very near the top if not ON the top.

f150online won't let you link to other sites, so you'll have to find another place to host if you want to show any pics here.

Anyway, welcome and glad to see another L guy over here. These are a pretty nice bunch of guys and I've learned a lot from them....

Back to lurk mode...

I want to do some long tube headers, high flow cats, Corsa cat back Exhaust, Flex-Lite 282 fans, and the 180 degree thermostat and housing. Just waiting for Tom (T Byrne) to return my e-mail on a total price.

I hope that those mods put it hard into the 14's?? What do you think??

Those mods are definitly the way to go :cheers: Add a 100 shot on top and have a 13 second beast on your hands :D

For those of you that don't know, this guy is kind of a legend in the Lightning world...

What are you now, the #1 quickest non-pro racer? I know you're very near the top if not ON the top.

Getting a 10.8 out of anything takes a lot of work and money, buch less a brick shaped truck. I was impressed when I saw that time posted.

HDMLNIUM, just out of curiosity, is your L often street driven (when not looking for a race)? I'm just wondering where the turning point is from a reliable daily driver type vehicle to a stripped down prone to minor breakdowns speed machine is.

Excellent times.

Richard

HDMLNIUM, just out of curiosity, is your L often street driven (when not looking for a race)? I'm just wondering where the turning point is from a reliable daily driver type vehicle to a stripped down prone to minor breakdowns speed machine is.

Richard , I know you were not asking me , BUT thats why I think nitrous is the best bet . You can build a smog legal motor that can handle a lot of nitrous :eek: Put something like a pro race fogger on it . It will still have great street manners and rip at the track ... :thumbs: I have seen stock LS1's with a 150 shot run very , very good times :D

I have a dual stage NX wet kit w/ a 15 pound bottle, you don't have to sell it to me. :) My 12.9 ET doesn't reflect it, but I trapped a 107.5 mph on a single 100 shot. I had to get out of it early to maintain traction, suprised me.

At some point when going for all out power, you have to start making scarifices. First might be noise level, then comfort, then emissions, then reliability, then ... I was trying to gauge if his 10 second L was in stripper mode, or still pretty much a full truck, with a built motor running 20 psi.

Holy Crap! :nono: Just read most of this thread. What an incredible waste of time? The moderator should have pulled this mindless flammatory Ford dribble long ago. :sick:

I did not purchase 5100lb 5-seat luxury Silverado SS truck to drag race for pink slips against regular cab or even heavier trucks with drag slicks and high boost! If drag racing was the only important thing, buy a lighter car. The extra 1500lbs to 2000lbs is all wasted energy. As far as 2WD vs AWD, I have a hard enough time getting my Z28M6 to hook up off-the-line on the same tires that I autocross with (pulling way over 1gs in the corners).

Please - Make it stop! :sigh:

Tell you what buds, I will be getting a Ken Bell supercharger and 4:10 gears in about a month, What could be more fair, me with an after market supercharger and 4:10s and an SS with an aftermarket supercharger and 4:10s? I get real numbers at the track by the way, I don't just guess and estimate the way some do on these forums. But hey, I'll meet up with any SS in a 100 mile radius before my Ken Bell is on, I love going to the track. You call me a troll, I say let's put our money where our mouths are and meet up, any takers? And as for my current mods they are pully(6#), chip and cold air. Come on guys, my truck will be the perfect comparison for an SS with an after market supercharger, chip (and coverter if you want), mine will be: after market supercharger, chip, filter and 4:10 gears (just like you guys!), that's what I call apples to apples! I got my best of 13.3 in Phoenix Az(hot!) at speedworld, I am in San Fran bay area now, someone meet me. After my gears and Ken Bell blower go on, I don't think I will be in the 13s any longer, and to think that toal this will cost me 37K(got the truck for 33K) including the truck, what's an SS cost stock again? Oh, 40K.

Great performance from your HD, I'm picking up the Chapman Super Truck SS. It's the Radix Magnacharger, Full legth Headers, Corsa Exhuast and I'm going to be out the door for around $43,800 with the options that I've selected, plus tax and License of course. I'm looking to upgrade the pulley to a 3.00 which should raise the boost from 6 pounds to 8 and I'm looking at the Diablo Computer Programing as well, I think it will run like a scared jack rabbit. I hope to get times like your Ford HD. That would be a blast....

Take care and thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Nate

Ghostrider,

Thanks for the great welcome, and from another Lightning owner to. :cheers:

This is a cool site, I have enjoyed reading over here so far and I need to learn what mods work to these 6.0 liters so I can get this Denali moving.

I don't want to supercharge it just yet so I will try to get it to low 14's without one.

See you around....

Viperkiller97,

100 shot huh? I have been thinking about it. I have a 10 lb steel bottle, 2- 15 lb steel bottles and a 12 lb Carbon fiber bottle.

I have a NX kit on my Lightning I was hoping to spray it at the end of the season but we never got it on the dyno for the nitrous tune. I was hoping to get to 10.50's on the motor before I used the spray and never got there. I was then hoping to be the first one into the 9's with the help of a 200 shot. Oh well there is always next season and no one has hit the 9's yet with a Gen 2 Lightning.

BigTex,

I don't use my lightning for a daily driver but if I had to I would think it would do fine. I have driven it back and forth from Maine to NJ a dozen or so times. It even climbed Mount Wasington when my wife and I were in North Conway, NH on vacation. lol

A good friend of mine has pretty much the same mods as I do and he has over 50k miles on his truck, I would say about 20k of those miles is on this motor and setup. He has driven his from Mass to Ohio and back, Mass to Virginia and back. I went to the same races but I decided to trailer mine to those events. But you can drive them everyday the way they are if you chose. I have just over 11K miles on my truck and about 2500 of it is on the new motor and tranny.

When you get to the track just flip the computer chip to the race side mix your gas 50/50, put your slicks on, put the door bars in and you are ready to run 10's.

In street trim my trucks weight is over 4900lbs. when I am serious about racing my truck goes down to low 4700's. I put the slicks and skinnies on, real light Bogart racing wheels. you can really pick them up with one finger. I also take out my stereo system, two amps, and the custom box that has 2 10" subs in it. I have taken out the Passenger seat and center console out before. But I like it better when it looks like a complete truck.

That is about it, not to much to do between street driven to race ready.

And thanks for the positive posts and not one me beeing a troll or something.

I am really here to learn about what I can do to my Sierra Denali and we share a lot in common between the SS and it.

Great to be here... :thumbs:

Bill-03-SD

Archived