Started my new motor tonight

2bseen

Well after 6 months without a truck I started the new motor tonight. I am going to do alittle more work on the intake tube and go for a ride to the muffler shop tomm. Changing over to a fast intake and ls2 t.b was more work than I expected with fuel lines and stuff. We got it ready to start and turned over fine but wasnt firing, done some more checking and the cam and crank sensor wasnt reading anything. Come to find out after 3 hrs looking that a ground was left off. What a good feeling when it started. I am ready to drive it and do some tuning. Thanks for the how to on aftermarket fuel rails turbochargedberserker. That was a great help. I dont know how much difference in weight b/t the alum. motor and iron motor but the front of the truck looks awfull high. I think I will need a alingment. I got the idle down to 900rpms and with open exhuast it sounds great.

the difference in weught should be darn near 80 lbs. cant wait to see it in action, , did you happen to notice if the new 90 mm tb was opening all the way with at wot?? , i have read that people have been having trouble getting it to open 100%.

Its a c5r 427 ci all forged, et performance 245 heads, 11.4 to 1 comp., fast 90 intake, ls2 90 t.b. I put a set of 30# injectors just to get it running and going to install 60#s in a week or so. I just got back from the muffler shop and has a couple of problems. The abs light came on and now the abs pump runs all the time now. The check engine light came on when I was driving up on the rack and I think it will be b/c of open exhuast but will check in a few. I did gas on it one time up to about 6k rpms and it runs pretty damn good. I will be getting it tuned next week and hopefully the week after maybe driving around alittle. Track time on all motor if I am lucky in 3 weeks. :driving: