turbo system?

Ok I've been looking at the STS system and working on saving my pennies but I have a few questions. How much boost can you run on the lq9? Is the air/air intercooler worth the money or should you jsut run like 5lbs boost and have the meth kit turn on when you up the dial? how does tuning work for changing the boost on a controler? what size turbo do you need to get up their into the max boost? if I go with a bigger turbo is that going to cause more lag? fuel requirements(upgrading injectors, inline fuel pump?) when do I need to start worrying about this? thanks guys. also this is going to be on a QC 4x4 VMAX GMC that will be coming soon. the truck below is in the process of being sold. thanks again.

Ok I've been looking at the STS system and working on saving my pennies but I have a few questions.  How much boost can you run on the lq9?  Is the air/air intercooler worth the money or should you jsut run like 5lbs boost and have the meth kit turn on when you up the dial?  how does tuning work for changing the boost on a controler?  what size turbo do you need to get up their into the max boost?  if I go with a bigger turbo is that going to cause more lag?  fuel requirements(upgrading injectors, inline fuel pump?)  when do I need to start worrying about this?  thanks guys.  also this is going to be on a QC 4x4 VMAX GMC that will be coming soon.  the truck below is in the process of being sold.  thanks again.

Max you'll want to run on a stock LQ9 (10.1:1) is 10-12psi. 10 if longevity is a goal, IMO.

The A2A is worth it. It's on all the time, regardless of meth availability.

I ran meth only on my LQ9 up to 12psi with no problems, but over the summer, I turned down the boost. I also had to run very limited timing to do this.

I tuned for max boost and left it so I could flip the switch whenever I wanted. If you go to a 2 bar OS, this problem goes away for the most part.

You'll want a "GT67" which is a custom garrett wheeled TO4E -- no lag to speak of, and can carry you through max boost on the LQ9. You'll want an intank pump (255lph should do it) and 44# injectors.

10 psi intercooled with 44# injectors and a fuel pump should be 550-580 to the wheels.

F8l went 12.3 with a 5.3 and a little more boost (13psi I think). Quicksilverado went 11.35 on a bored 5.7 (to 6.1). Allen went 11.90 on a stock, 100,000 mile lq9. Oh right, though they didn't post here so it doesn't count :jester:

Edited by TurbochargedBerserker (see edit history)

I was thinking of a turbo too. but i wont have enough money to buy all the good stuff. So i was thinking of geting the gt-67 kit the fuel system upgrade that comes with the intanke fuel pump and 44# injectors, a wide band, and just running 5 psi at first and then when i get enough money for the fmic i wanted to go with 10psi later down the road. If i get the 4.10's and the shift kit i want for christmas, just 5lbs of boost should do just fine for me with the 4.10's untill i get a fmic and double the boost level.

What is a 2 bar OS?

The upgraded GT67 puts out about 7.5 pounds, at least mine did, to go down to 5 i think you need a different spring in the wastegate. Your idea will work if you can be happy with just 5pound of boost. as for a 2 bar os, it is a different Operatin System for your truck. It is custom and requires the deletion of the MAF and going to speed density. currently our truck are a 1 bar system and it MAP sensor does not read boost. A 2 bar system will read boost, up to 14.5pounds I believe, but our OS does not recognize the new system, hence why you need a custom OS.