SS Firewood hauler?

FalconPilot

Sorry I don't have any pictures of my latest adventure with the SS. :confused:

The SS replaced a 97 S-10 2wd long bed as my primary mode of transportation, and only pickup. I heat with wood in the winter, so it was just a matter of time. :wtf:

Yesterday I loaded the SS with 1.5 face cord of firewood (about 1500 lb)!!! :uhoh: Drove up a 50% slope covered in wet grass!! :P and didn't get a scratch! :D Did over 100 mph on the way home, :cheers: and still got 13 mpg! :( The chainsaws love it behind the front seats, and the seat heat feels great on your back after cutting all day. What a GREAT truck! :chevy:

My old S-10 with the HD suspention, and helper springs, would have been on the bumpers. The SS just squated about 2" in the back and drove fine.

Please don't kick me off the forum for SS ABUSE!!!!!!!!

Chad

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is a truck after all, that's what it's for. a bit more weight than i'd have went though as 1500lbs puts your truck at around 6800lbs without chainsaws, fuel, and driver added in. gvwr is only 6400. good to hear it handled it well though. :troll:

I'm proud to use my SS as a "truck". All that's required of me - to keep "turning heads" - is to keep it clean - and keep it looking sharp. I went to a state campground on Columbus Day weekend - loaded with firewood and other "essentials" - - and the park ranger at the gate went nuts over my Black Beauty. I had all kinds of people gawking at my unit as I slowly tooled down the forest road. It was great! This truck is my pride and joy - but it's still my "truck" - - - it's role is not simply to sit there and look pretty. :thumbs:

Archived