REV LIMITER?

brobradh77

I know most of y'all in here probably think this is a dumb question but oh well..lol

I have looked at my owners manual numerous times and I can not find what the rev limiter is on my truck so I can program it more effectively. I have an 06 Intimidator SS. I believe if I had to guess its 6000 rpms but not sure.

Thanks.

I have an 06' SSS calibration on file, but it's at home. I believe it's 5900.

Thanks Zippy I believe your probably right I have my HP tuner set at 5800 and I didn't change the shift points cause when I did the truck seemed to fall on its face.

:thumbs:

Is it the fuel cutoff RPM, or a spark cutoff, or both? The two I've found on my 2003 bin are the RPM Limits in the fuel cuttoff/DFCO table in the P/N cuttoff and the bad VSS cuttoff. Is there a spark cutoff too, or only fuel?

BTW, those fuel cuttoffs are at 6000 limit, 5950 re-enable.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Utilizes Fuel cut-off and Electronic Throttle control to limit the RPM.

Every stock truck tune I have seen has had the Fuel cut-off at 6000rpms, ETC control attempts to kick in at 5900rpms.

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

Every stock truck tune I have seen has had the Fuel cut-off at 6000rpms, ETC control attempts to kick in at 5900rpms.

Where's the ETC settings? Having trouble finding those... :dunno:

Not sure with HPT, but in EFI Live, all rev limiter settings are grouped up together.

Not sure with HPT, but in EFI Live, all rev limiter settings are grouped up together.

Pooooo :banghead:

Mine's located in Engine>Fuel Control>Fuel Cutoff, DFCO>Cutoff RPM vs. Gear (then there is a ETC button(rpm limit) and a ETC Limit that you can enable or disable).

Mine's located in Engine>Fuel Control>Fuel Cutoff, DFCO>Cutoff RPM vs. Gear (then there is a ETC button(rpm limit) and a ETC Limit that you can enable or disable).

Oops, I've already changed those. I went back and read all of my notes and it's one of the first things I changed... :lol: