C-5 Corvette

orlando

Well guys I said screw the new truck idea and will keep my 03 Z-71 suburban that is paid for a couple more years and buy me my first sports car that is wife approved. :D These used vettes are a real bargain for the performance you get and can be had for under 28,000 for an 02-03. I'm going to hold out untill december-january and see what kind of deals I can find in the winter time when the prices I'm told will be the best. Any corvette owners out there that can give me any advice? I'm thinking with bolt ons and dyno tune I should see mid 12s? :driving:

I would check for the rear end. My dad's 04 only has a 2.73 rear and B&B bullet cat back and best we could do so far this year is 13.339 @105.33 with a 2.074 60'. Another guy has simailr car with, i think, cai, full exhaust, and drag radials and a 3.42 rear I forget exactly but it is lower that the 2.73 for sure and when ran against holty he ran a 12.5?. It was nice to see holty's truck right there with the vette.

Edited by thallent (see edit history)

Orlando florida is home how about you? The 3.42 gear will be my first modd and then go from there. I'm shooting for 12.70 and about 350hp to the ground and 22mpg on the hyw. Now thats cool.

I've been looking forward to buying a new truck for over two years and when putting the numbers together for the new 380 hp GMC deneli and then looking at what my 03 is worth I finaly said screw it I not going to loose my a$$ again on a new truck and payments that 900 a month. So I started to look for used sports cars to fill my need for speed and when I saw the prices on the vettes I was sold. I just don't think theres a better bang for your money then a vette if your looking for performance and power. My buddy called me today from michigan and found an 04 convirtible for 31,000. Thats a smoking deal and these prices aren't all that uncommon. So I have around two month for research to learn the ins and outs befor I buy.

You can get the 3:42 gear ratio as factory option G90 (or something like that). Just keep looking until you find one, it's well worth having and much easier if it's already there. However if an AT Vette has the 2:42 ratio, you can install the 3:73's from a 6 speed car which is awesome. Or just get a Z06 like TurboB said, either way a lot of bang for the buck to be had with a C5.

Dorian Ford on Gratiot Ave. Has a C5 Z06 (01-04) for aboug $31000

Orlando florida is home how about you?  The 3.42 gear will be my first modd and then go from there. I'm shooting for 12.70 and about 350hp to the ground and 22mpg on the hyw.  Now thats cool. 

I've been looking forward to buying a new truck for over two years and when putting the numbers together for the new 380 hp GMC deneli and then looking at what my 03 is worth I finaly said screw it I not going to loose my a$$ again on a new truck  and payments that 900 a month.  So I started to look for used sports cars to fill my need for speed and when I saw the prices on the vettes I was sold.  I just don't think theres a better bang for your money then a vette if your looking for performance and power.  My buddy called me today from michigan and found an 04 convirtible for 31,000.  Thats a smoking deal and these prices aren't all that uncommon.  So I have around two month for research to learn the ins and outs befor I buy.

You'll love the C5 corvettes they are very nice and there is a huge aftermarket for them. I've had two of them, currently have the 03 ZO6. They are very nice cars and have no complaints with them. I just don't care for the interor of the C5 vette too much, other than that they are awesome.

It looks like I'm going for a convirtible 02-03 with the lowest miles possible that I can find for under 30,000.  With a 4speed Auto for my wife and my first modd will be 3.90 gears.

no no... you gotta get a 6 speed with a short throw and teach your wife to drive the stick.... :D I think a chick who can bang gears well, is HOT! :jester:

I've been eye-ing some C5's at the local rebuilder lots. A couple of them have cosmetic work that needs to be done and are well under 10 grand with no frame damage (in writing, so if it needs a frame pull they either pay for it or give a full refund).

A couple of them I have priced out with new body work (custom pieces are EVERYWHERE for these vettes) including paint, and adding in a new 408 stroker shortblock for under 15 grand if the work is done by myself. I'd be looking at 450+/- HP in a vette with killer custom hood and nose... get low 12's and pull closer to 25 MPG with the 6 speed... wait a minute... why am I still driving a truck again??? :dunno: