Anyone thought of going to a T56 six speed ?

the 5600 trans in the heavy duty trucks is much bigger with considerably different ratio's than the t56. a majority of the design is for it to run cooler and be able to take the hits. deep geared transmissions don't hold up well unless they are built with really large parts. the t56 is built for a car and is geared as such. as for the srt-10 towing, they probably feel if you want a tow truck buy one, that truck is for fun so it's not made for towing.

it basicly comes with a really beafed t56.

So do you mean that it comes with a tranny that's simular to the t-56 that's also beefed up or do you mean it actually comes with a t-56 that's been beefed up?

Check out

Six speed kit maker

for someone who has built kits for different cars to use the t-56

Josh at bigfastcar.com or sixonthefloor.com would be the first person I would contact on this.

As far as the PCM work this would be no problem. I can modify the auto code to get rid of all of the codes for the auto and can scale the speedo to work with the t56's 17 pulse VSS instead of the 40 pulse in the auto.

Later,

Bryan

as far as i know it comes with the tremec version like the viper which is a highly beefed version of the t56. as for the internal differences between the tremec and the borg warner older models, i'm not sure of all of them.

Archived