Ground Force install

rico750sxi

I got the Ground Force kit installed on the rear of my truck. Was very easy to do, I enjoyed every minute of it. Well, not the minute I was cursing because I dropped a jackstand on my finger!!

The first part of the rear is the rear shackle install, I didn't take any pics of this because it's pretty straight forward and I think it may have been covered. I have included a pic comparing the BellTech and GroundForce shackles, they are the same and I wouldn't have changed them but I needed to grease the bushings anyways.

36288409.jpg

You also remove the stock shocks at this stage too. You don't install the GF ones until the end. Here is a pic comparing the two shocks. Stock is on the left.

36288444.jpg

After the shackles you change the rear bumpstops, here are pictures comparing the two as well as a pic of the new one installed.

36288438.jpg

36288425.jpg

Next is the load leaf modification, it is very straight forward as well. Here is a pic of the leaf with the new bumpstops installed on the ends. The bumpstops are installed on the underside in preparation for the flip.

http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL164/135301...38/36288413.jpg

Finally you install the rear shocks and while supporting the rear end you torque the shackles. Here are a couple pics of the rear end.

36288423.jpg

36288419.jpg

I only got to take it for a short 5 mile drive, got it up to 75mph for a brief instant. While accelerating and while cruising at all speeds I didn't feel any vibration at all. The ride seemed to be unchanged as far as firmness.

The only part of the front I have done is the shocks. I started to do one torsion key using a C-clamp to compress the stock key. It was working great until I noticed I wasn't removing the tension anymore. I cracked my C-clamp!! The clamp was going to work too. Well here is pic comparing the two front shocks.

36288441.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LedfootSS, thanks!

It did feel a lot better on the short ride I took. I should've been clearer. The firmness of the ride hasn't changed much at all. But the vibration I didn't notice. Before I would start feeling it at about 60mph with it being it's worst at 70-75mph. I didn't notice anything at 60mph at a steady cruise and I didn't notice it when I took two short burst up to 75mph.

Then buy the BellTech shackles and flip the load leaf. I will do the front when I get a new c-clamp or a 2 jaw gear puller. The kit also included shocks and keys which isn't bad. The shocks are def. designed for a lowered truck, the fronts are nearly 2" shorter and the rears are 1" shorter.

i used a old one i think it was a Williams i think it weighed like 15lbs big sucker. i also used a bottle jack. i stuck it on the lip and jacked it up and took out the screw and nut plate and then let the jack out and thats it.

Archived