Rippling cladding...

I just noticed that the cladding on both sides is rippled :wtf: at the bottom when you look at if from the front and rear corners at an angle.

Almost looks like a bad body job from the kid around the corner.

Anybody noticed :confused:

Dr Mike :uhoh:

I just noticed that the cladding on both sides is rippled

Yeah, Dr Mike. We all have it to some degree or another. It seems to be more noticeable on some vehicles more than others. It's not too bad on mine (thankgoodness) and you just learn to live with it........................unfortunately. :uhoh:

:seeya: Guys...

I used to see this on some :eek: prototypes at Car Shows, but this dissapeared once they put them into production.

It is problably because the cladding is too thin or needs ribs under it to provide it with some strength.

Guess it's something I can live with it, still love looks..:cheers:

And I still get at least a couple of :thumbs: Wow Nice Truck comments every day so it's only something that BlueMax's Dad notices anyway.

Dr Mike :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I actually brought mine back to the dealer, the one in the showroom had it worse than mine. The dealer was supposed to call me back with details of what GM was going to do about it. That was a month ago. I think it's time for me to give them another call. It is a defect! No doubt about it! The material is too thin! The ripples are just above the mounting screws. You may even notice it will get better or worse depending upon the temperature. We all need to call the Help line and complain, I love the truck, but this isn't right! Thanks for listening!

• 1 month later...

Archived