Where do you get your music?

orlando

Torrents are not any more legal than Limewire, Bearshare, etc.

I use the pay Napster and love it. Can listen to all most all their tracks from any PC with the client, and $1/per track to download & burn.

From what i understand with the torrents is it is fully legal because you are not speciffically downloading .mp3, .mpeg, etc. Instead you are downloading a .torrent file which in itself contains the .mp3 files so it is legal. Its just a way around the system i guess. :dunno:

Nah torrents arent legal either. i havnt heard of individuals getting sued for it though. there was a huge raid on a really popular site thepiratebay.org that serves out torrents, but they came up 2 days later with 3 mirrors in different countries.

i use the bittorrent client Azureus, along with the trackers thepiratebay.org and torrentspy.com. you can get high quality albums on there, but hardly any single songs.

for individual songs, i use limewire, but not too often, as people get sued on those p2p programs more than most.

allofmp3.com - it's in Russia and uses a loophole in Russian law.

Very cheap, I give them a number from a card that has a $500 limit (since I don't trust them much) and only put $20 in my account at a time. To date, no problems whatsoever. $20 ususally comes out to $20.50 or so as they convert them to rubbles on your card, but give you $ credit on the site.

I tryed lime wire last night and the whole file shareing thing is not for me. I like a lay out like Itunes etc that makes it easy to find new music and find old classic that you forgot about. It seems these sites are setup for ipods not so much for burning cd's? Limited burns and crap like that even after you payed for it. Still checking sites out but it seems I like itunes so far. Thanks guys keep it comeing.

• 2 weeks later...