whats up with my truck??

jakerz

i read on here about sss's barkin through 2nd and 3rd gear shifts while being stock. but mine just aint doin it!!! i have an 03 sss, so i know its an awd. so i figured thats why it just got up and went.. i have to powerbrake it just to get some spin..

this is my 1st automatic veh. (im used to just revin up my car and dumpin the clutch) so maybe i just dont know how to drive it right??? i love the truck all in all. but i guess im wanting MORE when it comes to the power. (but who doesnt?)

if anyone can help me out with this one, i'd appreciate it. :sigh:

thanks,

jake

well most peopl ethat can do that have a built tranny for snappy shifts. i know i dont even bark tires on a 1-2 shift, and i have a lil extra power, i can spin all four on a launch but after that it hooks like its supposed to. my guess is most of them are 2wd also.

well most peopl ethat can do that have a built tranny for snappy shifts. i know i dont even bark tires on a 1-2 shift, and i have a lil extra power, i can spin all four on a launch but after that it hooks like its supposed to. my guess is most of them are 2wd also.

mine just hooks up and goes. if i'm at a dead stop and give it hell, it just goes... no spinning, just straight shot. as if i was running slicks or something... :confused:

mine just hooks up and goes. if i'm at a dead stop and give it hell, it just goes... no spinning, just straight shot. as if i was running slicks or something... :confused:

What do you really expect, your driving an AWD truck which weighs a buttload, plus I'm assuming you are stock so chances are your not going to get much bark out of it unless your in the rain or snow. Whats wrong with keeping the truck planted to the ground anyway :dunno:

i read on here about sss's barkin through 2nd and 3rd gear shifts while being stock. but mine just aint doin it!!! i have an 03 sss, so i know its an awd. so i figured thats why it just got up and went.. i have to powerbrake it just to get some spin..

this is my 1st automatic veh. (im used to just revin up my car and dumpin the clutch) so maybe i just dont know how to drive it right??? i love the truck all in all. but i guess im wanting MORE when it comes to the power. (but who doesnt?)

if anyone can help me out with this one, i'd appreciate it. :sigh:

thanks,

jake

sounds like you need some forced induction. its pretty sweet when you can get these big things to smoke all 4

Im in an 06 rear wheel drive and dead stock except an intake and i have no problem spinning em....if im holding my brake i'll smoke up like a damn structure fire and at the track if i floor at my launch im spinning wiht smoke for a good 40 feet

My truck is an '06 and mine has never barked 'em in any gear except 1st. The shifts are way too soft for that sort of thing. I bought a Superchips tuner and while it does shift more violently on the 1-2 and 2-3, it still will not give a chirp on the up-shift. Unless you count the serpentine belt. :rollin:

i have an 03 sss, so i know its an awd. ...... i have to powerbrake it just to get some spin..

Powerbreaking isn't going to help you at all ... all four tires will need to be spinning ... so if you hold the break .... you can see where I am going with this.

Spinning tires = slow off the line ..... AWD = Fast off the line

Be thankful you have AWD and can kill most things out of the hole.