Any Rhino Owners??

04CHASE

chase,

I have an 06 Grizzly (same motor) and am pretty up on mods you want for power ... I admin at atvtech.net as "dez" ... the 2 racers that finished first in GNCC, we have their builders on our site and they participate as well as are our friends ...

I also have a 50rwhp 450R and an 05 Foreman for trail riding ...

I run a 2006 Grizz also ... red ... and my old man runs 2005 Special edition.

We don't get too crazy ... mainly plowing snow and riding some trails ... are there any mods you highly recommend?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on how "invasive" you want to get ... I know the guy who developed all the Hotcams and he is the same guy who had a hand in the griz and others when he worked for Yamaha R&D ... He bleeds blue and nobody knows better than Tony anything Yamaha, so I have about as good a source as you can get.

Bang for your buck, as he has told me the inletting and exhaust with a 2" tip add-on, can support a Hotcams 660 Raptor Cam. stock valvetrain. Don't bother with the mudbuster or oem raptor cam ... The hotcam rap cam will gain big throughout the powerband... you might then want to get a stage 1 clutch kit then, and never run anything but the oem belt. never

If you don't want to pull the top off the motor (It's cake) I would say then an HMF slip-on with a DuraBlue filter kit (cheaper than ProDesign) and a Dynojet kit ...

Honestly though, all I have done to mine since I am keeping my box covered, is a 2" tip, modded the oem arrestor, durablue filter kit and adjusted the air circuit ...

It flat out slaughters my buddies piped and jetted open box Rincon (was mine)

There are a couple good bore kits too if you want a lot more; Hauck has an 800cc kit LOL

http://www.hauckpowersportsinc.com/clearan...ils_1215_1.aspx

I have a built 450R that I work on myself that I ride for 30 minutes and I am spent, so the Grizz is more of a liesure quad that I take anywhere ... The Honda 500 Foreman is my go anywhere quad if I don't want to risk wrecking my $7000 grizz quad ... LOL

Really though, the grizz is a strong quad on the dyno stock and the curve is really killer; it's hard to beat a grizz for all around use. I have not jumped on the EFI wagon yet, so it's a fav ...

and if you want to keep the heat down, make sure you have the Yamaha TSB (Heat fighter kit) and get your header JetHot or similar coated. They have poor venting around the motor bay if you work them hard at slow speeds.

I completely flushed mine (acid flushed) and run GM DexCool and it helped a good amount... all 2006's and bac to about 2004 have the heat fighter kit from the factory... the vented cowl and all the shielding on the lines near the motor