spray on bedliners

rivierakid55

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to get into a over/under the rail debate, but I've got mine over the rails and get compliments all the time about how people like it.  I scratched the heck out of my last truck and did not want to ruin the rails on this one, but if you don't haul under looks better IMO.  Here is mine.

th_34719_DSC02852_122_586lo.JPG

th_34724_DSC02856_122_536lo.JPG

I love that emblem you have sprayed on the front panel, howd you do it? I wanna do it in black to match my truck.. thanx

Matt

I love that emblem you have sprayed on the front panel, howd you do it? I wanna do it in black to match my truck.. thanx

Matt

Line-X put the emblem on when they did the liner, they have a template that they use to do that. If it is a good dealer they should be able to do it.

I work at a place that does line-x, some tought shit did you know the capitol buildings botom layers of black are line-x'd so if it crumbles it does not cause and rapid burst and people cant get hurt then, but to answer your wquestion, i have done prep work to the trucks sanding the beds ect.... i would say go witht he under the rail man, esp. if you plan on putting a hardshell cover on, also i think its looks alot better under the rail myself personally.

as for the weight question asked it adds about 50-100 pounds depending on how long the bed is and how wide it is. Over the rail can never be removed. also just because its line-x'd doesnt mean it wont dent. we where hauling I beam from a work site and i came off the ladder rack and crushed the bedsides it only cracked the line-x in spot where the front bar on the bed meets the two bedsides. Can you belive you accually have to go to school to be able to spray that shit their is a special way to get the texture and everything. I am just adding my $.02

In my previous post I stated I have it over the rails. I also have a hard tonneau cover (SnugLid SL) and I wouldn't go under the rail if you plan on doing that. You'll run the risk of scratching your bed rails. I can tell you that even with a hard cover like mine, if I wouldn't have done the Line-X over the rails, my rails would be scratched all to hell! I put stuff in my bed all the time and there have been plenty of times where I had to drag something on the rails. The argument can be made, "but you have a cover so who cares if it's scratched!" Well, I DO!!!! It's just cheap insurance IMHO!

I was told if you are going to put a cover on the bed not to line-x it because it could cause a seal problem between the bed and the cover if you want it to be moisture tight.

Most covers go over and below the rails so there can't be any issues like that unless water is falling up. :crazy: I know with my SL lid, I have never had any moisture get in my bed. I can see that happening with a flush mount cover though.

im talking about the tri-fold covers the just lay inside between the bedrails and the snap in and out that are painted to match your vehicle. but it has a small rail coming out from under your bedrail where the tops snap in. its kind of confusing you would have to see on to get the drift. Ive seen quite a few around town

thanks for all feedback and pictures guys! i think im gonna go over the rail. or maybe under the rail. or maybe just get a bedrug instead. :dunno: seriously i just can't decide. im not going to get a hard tonneu cover so maybe i should just go under as the only thing i will be hauling is our jet boat 3 or 4 times a year and with my truck being silver im thinking over the rail would look slightyly out of place up close. guess i shouldve got a black ss then this would be an easy decision.