Truck Alarms

i install alarms and radios at my job and can say most people go far a dei 564t. its the one with a lcd remote. i personally dont have it but it seems to work very well. and about the factory alarm we work off it. we hook it up to disconect the old one and still use all factory functions on the aftermarket one. its not a big deal with a factory alarm i hooked one up to mine and havent had a problem. you should think about a remote start they are a lil more money but its not that bad when its cold or really hot out and you get your truck perfect...IMO. and to install them its not that hard.... just take your time if you rush you WIll F something up...trust me i know :banghead:

i install alarms and radios at my job and can say most people go far a dei 564t. its the one with a lcd remote. i personally dont have it but it seems to work very well. and about the factory alarm we work off it. we hook it up to disconect the old one and still use all factory functions on the aftermarket one. its not a big deal with a factory alarm i hooked one up to mine and havent had a problem. you should think about a remote start they are a lil more money but its not that bad when its cold or really hot out and you get your truck perfect...IMO. and to install them its not that hard.... just take your time if you rush you WIll F something up...trust me i know :banghead:
How well documented are the DEI alarms? Are the instructions good enough for a technically inclined guy to DIY?

Mr. P. :)

i like the fact that my two key fobs have different presets for me and my dad (he takes the truck from time to time) but i really want remote start... would i be able to retain the preset feature with a clifford system?

How well documented are the DEI alarms? Are the instructions good enough for a technically inclined guy to DIY?

DEI usualy gives you a lifetime warranty on parts but only if a DEI certified shop installs it. You can see in my sig what I have installed. 3 years and no problems yet. And the fictory alarm still works with the aftermarket.

DEI usualy gives you a lifetime warranty on parts but only if a DEI certified shop installs it. You can see in my sig what I have installed. 3 years and no problems yet. And the fictory alarm still works with the aftermarket.

So you think a person with decent automobile knowledge and good electronics knowledge can install the alarm so he doesnt have to pay $600 for a shop to do it. Although I can purchase the alarm online and have them install it for a little over half that price. Also does anyone know if the DEI 457G will work on 07 silverados?

Oh thanks for any and all info you guys rock. :D

Edited by Juse821 (see edit history)