Traction for the 2wd guys

saytagf

I used to just throw 2 sandbags in the back of my r/c s/b dodge, but the AWD in the SS is hard to beat... its like its built to handle snowy and icey road conditions... :D If i had a 2wd i might consider the suretrax. one time we bought a 4'x6'x1/2" piece of steel off a local wholesaler who found it in the back of his 1 ton dually under the tanneau... i think it weigh'd close to 500#!!! people do some interesting things around here for "extra traction"

I have one. I live here in Chicago though, so we get winters. It helps out a lot in snow and ice, or just plain old wet pavement for that matter. Heck, it even helps to keep the rear tires from spinning. However, I wouldn't recommend this for a race application.

One other thing to point out. The ones that you buy retail of these things do not have reinforced tie down corners. That super tough vinyl isn't so tough. After only 1 week of use, 3 out of 4 corners ripped. The metal o-rings used to keep the tie down straps from ripping out of the vinyl just ended up being ripped out themselves. They have a solution for this. The will send you out aluminum clamps to reinforce the vinyl corners (it basically sandwiches them) when they send you out a replacement. However, their up coming model (to be released next year) has super thick-hard plastic molded into those corners (about 1/2 an inch thick or so). After my original one ripped (the 3 out of 4 corners), I called them and they sent me out a brand new one (next year's model) to beta test for them. Either way though, if you ever have any problems, they have great customer service and are more than willing enough to take care of you! They shipped me out a brand new one, free of charge, and 2nd day'd it to me, free of charge as well. And so far after 2 months, I haven't had any problems with this new one! Like I said, they are aware of the problem and have addressed it.

Hope this helps!

well i live in Los Angeles so snowy and icy conditions arent really a problem :ughdance:  But my truck is an 06 rwd and im just looking to not be spinning my tires the first 60 ft down the track

get some traction bars and some drag radials... that wont completely illiminate your spin, but it wont weigh you down and kill your et's like adding weight would do.