Help with choosing heads

Hey guys!

I'm having trouble deciding which cylinder heads to go with. My signature has all my mods in it. However, along with the cylinder heads, I will be also adding my FAST 90mm throttle body, and 60lb injectors.

So I don't know which heads to get for my application. I guess a problem with my Radix is that it can't flow or provide the greatest CFM so I can't go with too large of a head. Anyway, here are my choices. Also any recommendation outside of these are welcome!

AFR 205cc

TFS 215cc

ET 225cc

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Now do the L92 heads bolt directly up to the Radix intake manifold or does it require a new one? And I would love a new MP122H supercharger, however, it's out on my ball park as of right now! :(

Also I promised the wife I'd stop after heads.... She still doesn't see how I was the one that compromised with that decision! :cheers:

I just need to weigh out my options and find out which of the heads will be best for my application.

Edited by Professiona1 m0d (see edit history)

yeah thats the only probem is the new intake ports are different shaped. so that does leave that out of the question.

out of those heads id look into afr's or et's, i also though rhs had a decent head but i havent looked into it much.

As far as I know, I heard the RHS heads are actually made by ET and just branded RHS with extra perks and polishing. Also another question comes into play....Is the 225cc intake too much for the Radix to push? What would be the major advantage in going with the 225 (other than flow obviously)?

I would try the trick flows or even take a close look at the edlebrock 215cc head that West Coast Cylinder heads has available. GM hightech performance just did some testing on the TFS against a hand blended afr 205, and stock edelbrock 202cc head. The TFS maid more power across the board against all, but the edlebrock wasn't ported. I think AFR will have to start looking to update there port to keep up with the more advanced castings and ports now available. As far as running a 225 vs a 215,205 cc head. I think you are going to make more usable power throughout the whole range, in a 6.0L, with the smaller runner head. Goodluck :thumbs:

Oh, forgot to add that the down side to running ET or RHS is that you have to run a totally aftermarket valvetrain, which adds to the cost. ET also makes a 215cc head and RHS also makes 210cc head. RHS also only has a 62cc chamber which would raise compression around a full point. Not sure what chamber options ET has. I ran the 225 RHS on my 408, and had to wait a very long time for ET to custom cut a 68cc chamber for me, so i think its better just to keep CC in the same ballpark to avoid delays. I know what you are thinking and the motor is not tunning yet :banghead:

Thank you very much guys for all your feedback! I really like the TFS 215cc heads, however, that GM High Performance artictle said they needed to make modifications to the valve covers. Don't know what all would needed to be done. I also really like those West Coast Cylinder Heads 212cc ported Edelbrock heads you pointed out. I once saw those before but never really looked into it. They look great!

My other biggest concern is that the Radix that I currently have on it (without upgrading to the new MP122H yet), wouldn't be able to flow enough. I read somewhere on here about that one user who went from 12.3 seconds to 12.6 seconds after doing the 225cc heads. Will the Radix be fine with 215cc heads?

Thank you very much guys for all your feedback!  I really like the TFS 215cc heads, however, that GM High Performance artictle said they needed to make modifications to the valve covers.  Don't know what all would needed to be done.  I also really like those West Coast Cylinder Heads 212cc ported Edelbrock heads you pointed out.  I once saw those before but never really looked into it.  They look great!

My other biggest concern is that the Radix that I currently have on it (without upgrading to the new MP122H yet), wouldn't be able to flow enough.  I read somewhere on here about that one user who went from 12.3 seconds to 12.6 seconds after doing the 225cc heads.  Will the Radix be fine with 215cc heads?

I don't remeber who that was, but maybe their compression went down with the head swap ??