Turbo/tranny questions

Ok, it looks like I am finally going to put the STS on my truck. My question is should I do anything to the trans first to make it stronger? I have a shift kit already, but I was wondering if I should do anything else. I only plan on running 5-6lbs for awhile. Would it be worth the money to do anything to beef it up or will it be ok with low boost?

Also, I am have a problem at WOT around 30 and 60 it wont shift it just bounces off the rev limiter. And sometimes a sylinoid will get stuck open and it wont shift out of 1st. I do have a 3000 stall and a shift kit. Could it be the stall or shift kit, or could it be in the tune?

Any help would be great

fatboyss is my brother and has a Yank 3k stall, HD2 transgo shift kit, aluminum accumulator piston and vette servo. He had no tranny probs before these parts.. After install and a tune from pcmforless, downshifts were raised on 1-2 shifts as well as 3-4. Whenever he would downshift at the maximum mph for the 2-1 downshift around 35 or so it would bang off of the rev limiter, but a few mph under that speed it was perfect and would slam you in your seat.. He said now it did it to him on the highway going from 4-2 at around 60, his other hard downshift.

Now a few months ago we put his STOCK pcm back in(kept it for a backup) and there were absolutely NO shifting probs with the tranny but it, but the factory downshift points were at least 5 mph lower all around and it felt like a dog lol. I believe line pressure is still around 5-10% which i believe should be lowered to 0% since there is a shift kit on the truck...This may be causing the solenoid problem coupled with the 3k stall in a 5500lb truck. I truely believe/hope that this is a tuning issue and not hardware...He does not beat on this truck at all..it has maybe 12 1/4 mile passes on it and a handfull of street races in 3 years..other than that it goes to and from school.

fatboyss is my brother  and has a Yank 3k stall, HD2 transgo shift kit, aluminum accumulator piston and vette servo. He had no tranny probs before these parts.. After install and a tune from pcmforless, downshifts were raised on 1-2 shifts as well as 3-4. Whenever he would downshift at the maximum mph for the 2-1 downshift around 35 or so it would bang off of the rev limiter, but a few mph under that speed it was perfect and would slam you in your seat.. He said now it did it to him on the highway going from 4-2 at around 60, his other hard downshift.

Now a few months ago we put his STOCK pcm back in(kept it for a backup) and there were absolutely NO shifting probs with the tranny but it, but the factory downshift points were at least 5 mph lower all around and it felt like a dog lol. I believe line pressure is still around 5-10% which i believe should be lowered to 0% since there is a shift kit on the truck...This may be causing the solenoid problem coupled with the 3k stall in a 5500lb truck. I truely believe/hope that this is a tuning issue and not hardware...He does not beat on this truck at all..it has maybe 12 1/4 mile passes on it and a handfull of street races in 3 years..other than that it goes to and from school.

My PCMForLess tune has the *exact* same behavior/problem. :mad: I've been wanting to adjust the kickdown points but haven't made time to do it.

Mr. P.