hypertech say's i can use 87 fuel and gain 28hp

2006_superado

Maybe I can simplfy this for ya ... Hypertech as far as gas tuners go, are the LEAST respected handheld, and out of all I have seen on the dyno, before and after, same day, same strap-down after repeated pulls, they make ZERO ... The only ones that make power are the Diesel versions and out of all the handhelds, the Diesel Hypertech are the LOWEST gainers ...

If you want something to change the stock sluggish trans, re-cal the speedo for tires, and change rev limit and shift points, go for it ... If you are trying to make power, the Hypertech will not do it for you ...

And if the guy at Hypertech told you that with a straight face, he is probably the same guy that thinks a Miata is the fastest thing on 4 wheels ... In the real world that HP claim is laughable ... On the SSS with an already aggressive oem tune (91) to say their 87 makes over 20 hp is insane ...

There is a reason why Hypertech was my FIRST tuner in 1996 and the last ... For god's sakes, if you want a handheld by a Predator at least that way they can write you a custom tune with info exchanged over the phone ... They will come pretty close to 10hp with some basic info about your fuel and your truck ...

Diablosport has the software and capability to do everything Jesse can do ... as a matter of fact, my contact at diablosport, tells me he knows jesse personally and vouched for him as being a good tuner ...

These trucks have been around for some time and as far as power, your're dealing with timing and fuel mostly, no real black magic ... Hypertech will not put an aggressive tune in something built for the masses ...

11H

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have one.  whats it worth?

they go for $290 shipped on ebay brand new, and about half that used..

are you looking to sell yours? if so you would have to return your truck to it's stock tune before it could be used on any other truck...

well mine is stock as i kept my core and got a new pcm from nelson tuning. so again whats it worth to you.

$170 shipped :dunno: i'm in so-cal so shipping should be real cheap...

• 7 months later...

Another old thread!! I lost my Hypertech handheld, or it was stolen. How can I remove it off of my truck without taking it to the dealership. I also am interested on the latest and greatest for my truck. Thanks guys. :confused:

Any new tune should overwrite the existing hypertech, its like a hard drive or disk when you save a file named tune123.xxx and then make changes to it and click save again as tune123.xxx, it overwrites the old file. Also, if you plan to order a mail order tune, you will have to send your pcm back as a core more than likely and they will just blank it and overwrite it.

Any new tune should overwrite the existing hypertech, its like a hard drive or disk when you save a file named tune123.xxx and then make changes to it and click save again as tune123.xxx, it overwrites the old file. Also, if you plan to order a mail order tune, you will have to send your pcm back as a core more than likely and they will just blank it and overwrite it.

That is great to know. Now should I get a pcm from a junk yard so I can still drive my truck and what do you think would be the best mail order tune to get for my truck. :confused:

That is great to know. Now should I get a pcm from a junk yard so I can still drive my truck and what do you think would be the best mail order tune to get for my truck. :confused:

PMed you man...........:chevy:

• 1 month later...

If you're looking for a sport truck, pay the extra $9785 and get a two-door SRT-10. There just isn't any practical way to make a box nearly 19 feet long and six feet tall, weighing 5023 pounds, feel nimble.

MOTORTREND CAN SUCK MY DICK!!!!

the STOCK SS handles, brakes, accelerates, and looks better than my r/t did....well....before it had the heads/cam spray :)

not that the dakota r/t is in the same ballpark as an srt-10, but the ss handles on/off ramps at 90mph and is awesome in the snow....how many srt-10's did i see this chicago winter

a big fat goose egg.

SS is the king.