I got banned from the Titan forum

1 Fast SS

it's the front end that kills me. 2006 silverados had the double thin headlights and the top ones had an angle to them almost a mean look like it had eyebrows like the no fear guy. now the 2007 have 2 boxes up front with no character or at least such a big change that it lost some of it's character. imo.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the front end that kills me.  2006 silverados had the double thin headlights and the top ones had an angle to them almost a mean look like it had eyebrows like the no fear guy. now the 2007 have 2 boxes up front with no character or at least such a big change that it lost some of it's character.  imo.

"Lost some of it's character" SURE. I might or might not agree, but at least I find that a realistic description. I don't find the new 2007 Silverado "ugly" though.

I'm a fan of the SRT10 Ram as far as LOOKS go, but I'm not telling you everybody is. ;)

:lol:

Everybody has their own opinions on likes and dislikes. I'm not a big fan of "Japanese style" styling. I think of it as "the transformer" look. Be it a Japanese car or a domestic car.

The 240z/260z was Japanese, but not "transformer look" IMO.

:dunno:

The Titan could be a nice truck, I have no idea, I don't hear much about them so I wouldn't know.

Personally have to agree with of a few of yall, i dont like the new silverados, im sorry but i think there fugly why couldent they kept the style they have now and just changed the interior??? But w/e, what i do like is that one prototype with the new body style

post-8825-1164510515_thumb.jpg

Wonder how the new(hopefully) SS might look like....

Onyx :cool:

at first glimpse I liked the new Silverado but the more I see it, the more I'm not sure. I think Chevy did a better job on the nose of the Tahoe/Suburban/Avalanche than on the Silverado. I think of the 3 GM brand SUV's, the Chevys are the more sporty/aggressive looking. It always seems that the first 2 years that Chevy does a complete redesign of the truck it lacks something and then they start to get it right a few years down the road. Just look at the late 80s/early 90s trucks after the the 77-87 body went away. in comparison to the late 90s to the 2000+, they look like crap.

just my opinion...

tn_2007_silverado_485.jpg

Theres just too much chrome happening in the center. If ya paint the grill and the bumper like that blue concept in a previous post the new silverado doesn't look bad, but yea maybe someone at chevy got a bit chrome happy. :dupe:

Okay, maybe there was a little misunderstanding in what I was saying.  Based upon everything I have read on their website (not just the war stories,) these guys seem to really have their heads up their chocolate starfish's.  That does not in any way signify you as who I am talking about.  That's what I gathered and that's my opinion of what I have read off of their forum.

I'm sorry if you felt that was aimed at you.  My bad.  I'm sure a lot of Titan owners aren't this way. 

I do agree that ("full of themselves") happens at times on all forums- but Titantalk has to be the worst I've seen.

Furthermore, I am a member of a many many forums and not one have I seen people with the type of attitude that they have there.  I can totally respect people that really take pride in their vehicles and like to share stories, ask questions, help others, showoff mods and be a friendly community open to debate.

However, being disrepectful like they are and not even welcoming in new members into their community (without banning them) is just wrong.

No problem, I did not take anything personal. I am just glad to see that this topic has blossomed into something good...the debate on the new body style of the Silverado compared to the Titan. This is a worthy debate.

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

tn_2007_silverado_485.jpg

Theres just too much chrome happening in the center. If ya paint the grill and the bumper like that blue concept in a previous post the new silverado doesn't look bad, but yea maybe someone at chevy got a bit chrome happy. :dupe:

I agree. A color matched grille, with or without the chrome beauty rings they put on the SUVs, grille inserts, a new front bumper, maybe some projector headlamps and shave the rear bowtie and I think the new Silverado would look ALOT better.

this is THE hottest topic?  lol gimme a break!  guys move on and dont let a couple Titans get under your skin. geez. 7 pages of ranting why you cant trash talk on a titan site.  have you been to hemitruckclub.com if you dont own a hemi you cant even register and you know the hemi is the fastest truck on earth.  g.

the hemi is not the fastest truck on earth....sorry

this is THE hottest topic?  lol gimme a break!  guys move on and dont let a couple Titans get under your skin. geez. 7 pages of ranting why you cant trash talk on a titan site.  have you been to hemitruckclub.com if you dont own a hemi you cant even register and you know the hemi is the fastest truck on earth.  g.

the hemi is not the fastest truck on earth....sorry

:jester: yea its not we all know that the titan is the fastest :devil::banghead:

:crackup::crackup::crackup: