More boost less timing

Farmtruc

Hey guys,

That 3.0 pulley was just installed, I'm wondering what a size down would do for boost and power?

For detonation I can just retard the timing a little bit.

What do you think? Maybe some head studds, rod studds, better gasket?

Just wondering.

allen

Without a wideband your just shooting in the dark. The radix program is so fat and the timing is already at like 15 degrees that a change in pulley size should require any adjustments. The rule of thumb for FI motors is 10 degress less than NA.

I want to see someone with a Radix run a wideband. My guess they are very Rich..

Without a wideband your just shooting in the dark. The radix program is so fat and the timing is already at like 15 degrees that a change in pulley size should require any adjustments. The rule of thumb for FI motors is 10 degress less than NA.

I want to see someone with a Radix run a wideband. My guess they are very Rich..

No problem then, that's what I do is tuning, so I have all the equipment, including wideband. I'll make note of several things before and after my tuning.

I did have autotap hooked up but that's not a true reading. I know how far off autotap is for a/f ratio, so I would say it's about 11.1:1. Maybe richer becuase the 02's were reading pretty high.

Like you mentioned wideband is the way to go, it's a lot more accurate.

Is there anything else you want to see while I'm tuning it?

Bigtex, I have a few questions, I'll be shooting you an email

later,

allen

• 2 weeks later...
For you advanced tuners out there - If I wanted to get a wideband, for those future days when I'm using LS1edit, what would be the one I needed to get? The user friendly version? Got a link?

Innovative Motorsports seems to have the hot, low-price ticket.

I've got one, but haven't had time to hook it up :(

Wide Band

as a rule you will need to retard 1 1/2 degrees per pound of boost. if you are running 10 lbs. you will need to knock 15 degrees of timing out of it. some people like to be safe with 2 deg. per lb. i have used the holley ignition system on carburated/supercharged systems that uses a map sensor and tell the computer to remove the timing. this system automaticly did 2 deg. per pound of boost with a max at 15 deg..

Archived