HEY SUPERCHIPS GUYS!!!

BlackySS13

After several miles of driving, I can say the Superchip does make the truck feel a little more responsive. Under light acceleration I do not notice any difference.Under moderate and heavy acceleration it seems stronger and the shifts are firmer although I would like more. I think the drivetrain will survive longer without the tirespinning shifts that I think the truck could do without the TM system.Under WOT it still seems like the power comes on slow from a dead stop and still seems to lag before shifting into 2nd, but the power seems to come on faster after the shift.Overall I think the Super chip is worth the money.I plan on getting duals put on probably Saturday.I am still reading all the posts about mufflers-either the Flowmaster or the Magnaflow. :crazy:

I just installed my Superchips tuner. It loaded up fine and I'm extremely pleased. I warmed my girl up and took her around the block. There is definitely a difference. I got her up to 110 before I had to get out of it. THAT'S what I was after! :thumbs:

I installed my Superchips program a couple of days ago. It definetely seems to make a difference in performance. It may be common, but I was a little surprised at the RPM level increase. I guess I wasn't expecting a change in RPM at speed.

I do love the increased speed limiter. Does anyone know what the new top end is after the edit? I know from first hand experience that it will bury the needle at 120 MPH and still keep pulling. A 150 MPH speedo would be sweet. Oh well, it's not like I go that speed very often. I just wanted to see if it would get there. It did and quickly!!

:jester:

:crazy: I noticed the same thing yesterday. When you let off the pedal, the rpm's stay up where they used to fall (?) Gas mileage seemed to stay the same though. I've really been pleased with 15.5 mpg while driving like "hell after a yearling!" The most amazing thing is the "slingshot" experience on up-shifts! It's got me to thinking though, "anything this good must have a downside?"

:crazy:  I noticed the same thing yesterday. When you let off the pedal, the rpm's stay up where they used to fall (?) Gas mileage seemed to stay the same though. I've really been pleased with 15.5 mpg while driving like "hell after a yearling!" The most amazing thing is the "slingshot" experience on up-shifts! It's got me to thinking though, "anything this good must have a downside?"

A really notice this delay after letting off the gas after having my dual exhaust systme installed. From highway speeds I counted about a five second delay before you could here the exhaust start rumbling and feel the truck slowing down. This does take some getting used to to keep from running up on the the rear bumper of slower traffic, but I still love the superchip. :D

PS My milage has dropped to 15.1 but I have really been enjoying the driving.

Archived