HEY SUPERCHIPS GUYS!!!

BlackySS13

I just got my Superchips tuner in the mail today and I was wondering what you guys reccomend when it comes down to shifting points and firmness. I didn't vary too much from the middle which was SC or something like that. Any info would be great, thanks.

Chris

I just put mine on today too. I set all the levels to max.... It winds up tight on shifts now and it seems to feel a little better all around. I will know come friday as this requires another trip to the track. Man this is expensive....... but fun!!!! I think i am going to stop the engine mods and do some exterior mods. Make it look more like mine and not someone elses. I need to put up some money for the supercharger. That will have to wait a little while though. :D

I've had the SuperChips tuner installed for about a month now. The difference isn't like bolting on a supercharger or anything, just a subtle improvement. I set mine up with the base programs from SC. I raised the rev limiter, shift firmness,etc... but not to max. I will try it and post my findings. I do believe it helps the driveability of the truck. It seems to have much more passing power than stock. I think it could still stand some shift improving. I hate the lag or rolling into second gear effect. I like the trans to shift much faster than this one does, but it is very smooth.

I am not trying to make this a dragster, rather, improve performance without effecting driveability in a bad way.

I love the SS, it is a great truck, and would buy another in a minute.

:P I have just installed my Superchip I ordered from Bay Area Performance for a really low price of less than $300. The installation was very easy. I only changed the shift pressure to the max and left everything else at the performance settings. I took my truck for a little drive and the shifts seem to be a little bit firmer.I will post my thoughts tomorrow. :D

Well i did a little bit of driving today and here are my thoughts about the superchip. I installed the program yesterday and drove it some but not much. I feel that the shifts have improved. I know today i passed a log truck and it felt a little stronger than before. Now for the last part. I wanted to try the speed limiter and it definetly changed it. When i backed out of the throttle it had hit 120 and still had more to go. I love this truck more everyday.

My buddy bought a superchips for his S.S. and we couldnt get it to work . He took it to the superchips dealer & it still didnt work :smash: He had to send it back to superchips ..... All that money and his truck still doesnt have tunning :wtf: My superchips doesnt always work either :nonod:

Archived