what do your tunes generally add

motorider228

man it's the best bang for the buck. i've had PCM4less, and zippys. they are a great investment even on a stock truck. as for a modified then it's a no brainer! yep the 25+ hp gain an 2-4 mpg increase also! do it you won't be disappointed. if you are in this for sure, just by your own software and learn yourself. i did just that finally!

:withstupid: The gains you will see depend completely on your mods. But even for a stock truck the PCM tune is well worth the money spent if you plan on keeping your truck for any length of time. And with some mods you won't see any improvement until the PCM is tuned.

Mr. P.

man it's the best bang for the buck. i've had PCM4less, and zippys. they are a great investment even on a stock truck. as for a modified then it's a no brainer!  yep the 25+ hp gain an 2-4 mpg increase also! do it you won't be disappointed. if you are in this for sure, just by your own software and learn yourself. i did just that finally!

Whats the differences between the two? I'm kinda leaning toward zippys, but would like some more info.

man it's the best bang for the buck. i've had PCM4less, and zippys. they are a great investment even on a stock truck. as for a modified then it's a no brainer!  yep the 25+ hp gain an 2-4 mpg increase also! do it you won't be disappointed. if you are in this for sure, just by your own software and learn yourself. i did just that finally!

Whats the differences between the two? I'm kinda leaning toward zippys, but would like some more info.

Not much of a large difference, Zippy, PCM4Less(Brian) all do great work...The difference I assume would be marginal on the same truck given both of them are going to set your shift points, TQ management, etc ... right about the same

Zippy is a great contributor to the site and does great work from what I read daily

and zippy is cheaper!!  :thumbs:

How much is the Zippy tune and how can I get it? I'm new to this tuning thing but I want a tune badly to help with hp and better mileage. Ive got a 03 SSS with just a brute force intake and a flowmaster exhaust system.

What program did you buy? are you happy with it? I have a Hypertec Powerprogramer III and I didn't notice a gain in horse power or torque. I did have a noticeable increase of about 3 MPG but that is only when I run it on the premium fuel mode so it isn't really cost effective. over all I think it was a waste of two hundred and fifty bucks! :banghead:

What program did you buy? are you happy with it? I have a Hypertec Powerprogramer III and I didn't notice a gain in horse power or torque. I did have a noticeable increase of about 3 MPG but that is only when I run it on the premium fuel mode so it isn't really cost effective. over all I think it was a waste of two hundred and fifty bucks! :banghead:

thayt is correct, get a custom tune it will make it alot more to drive, it will increase driveability and add some real power to boot.