I did it finally

04CHASE

well today started off pretty good , didnt get much sleep and went down to the street legals at 6 am . a few of the local memebers came, Supersport, Chpspeacial, adams2003, 06vho and myself.

The weather really sucked for a december day , 30 mph head wind with gust even higher, and about 80 degrees outside, i believe the da was a little above 1600 feet( erik correct me if im wrong) ,

I started by putting on adams slicks( centerline 18' with nitto 555r 305/45/18 drag radials) first run was ok but not acceptable imo, the good part was i did break the 60 ft record for an SS again with a 1.609 60 ft but the 1.4 wasnt good at 12.3. next run i spin off the line again with the same tires and run a 12.4. Then i switch it up to my 18;s with the wee tires and this run i broke a belt in the burnout box, so i get the back up belt on and spin for over 1 second off the line literally and run a horrible 12.4 again with a 1.69 60 ft :cry: . so i wait a while and something happens on the track and we have to wait over an hour for them to clean it up. so its almost time to leave and i say screw it im pissed so lets start to clean up and put my 22's back on and my tonnoeu cover on. so they are calling last call and i say what the heck lets see what the 22's and extra weight do. SO i get to the line ,go around the burnout box best as i can .So i launch it at 2400 i was surprised and spun a bit off the line. and for some reason the truck felt to pull nice and hard all the way . and as soon as i get through the traps i hear my cell phone ring and say oh great what happened,i hear 11.94 , i say oh daym hell yeah, i have no idea why yet but i was shocked but ecstatic at the same time. what a great way to end the day. the bad part was this was the only run i didnt get a video of, :banghead::banghead: . oh well .

here's the stats

r/t - 335

60 ft -1.659

330 - 4.801

1/8th - 7.516

mph - 89.62

1/4 - 11.942

mph 109.98

so now i need to get the nitrous in and get a few things fixed, like my belt problems, my wheel dilema , and the t trim seems to be leaking a little oil. so should have everything ready for next time.here are a few pics of today also

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

this is the motorhome we brought for somewhere to hang out , cook and kill some time.

Did i mention 11's

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOOHOO!!!  :thumbs:  :cheers:

:withstupid: Must be the Deuce Deuce's! :D I see you finally modded your headlights! :devil::thumbs:

Oh the hell...

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Congrats on your goal!

yes indeed i just finsihed them on friday i painted the amber black instead of pulling them out.