I did it finally

04CHASE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice job Chase! I can not believe you are getting that kind of time out of a stock rotating assy. Did you ever swap the heads, I would imagine not since you are using FI? If you can make that thing handle a 100HP wet shot I would be amazed, just do it...........do it.

Great Job Chase!!!  When you gonna start bracket racing that thing???  I think you should always try to around the water rather than trying to do a burnout in AWD truck.  You're just asking for breakage and you're probably leaving the tires wet at the line which is contributing to your traction problems.  Drag radials don't really need a burnout contrary to popular belief.  In fact, in most cases they work better without one.  Just my two cents, great job none the less. :thumbs:  :thumbs:

i agree with you , every time i do burnout now i break or at least throw my belt. the thing that sucks is california speedway is hard to drive around the waterbox because the runoff water goes past the left lane just before the burnout box and often the right cant be driven around, i try though, and one i ran with drag radials i didnt break traction at all and cut the 1.60 60 ft.

Try eliminating the belt tensioner.

how would i do that? i know katech has a manual one , but how do you get your belt on if you elimate the belt tensioner?

chase first off congrats on the 11's,keep representing.second back when I was a mechanic certain cars actually had adjustable belt pulleys,basicallyyou had a pulley riding on a bolt/nut assemblythat was riding on a threaded shaft about 2-3 inches long and all you would do is loosen the nut on the pulley and then rotate the threaded shaft to tighten or loosen you belt,I believe it is either a honda or nissan design. :thumbs:

Congrats on 11s  :cheers:  I have drag radials and just cant get them to hook.  I went yesterday and was spinning like crazy said the hell with it and went home.

lol i know how ya feel , i was pissed and ready to leave and said wtf run wsith the 22's and look what happened. now i need to figure out this POS belt problem.

Congrats on 11s   :cheers:   I have drag radials and just cant get them to hook.  I went yesterday and was spinning like crazy said the hell with it and went home.

lol i know how ya feel , i was pissed and ready to leave and said wtf run wsith the 22's and look what happened. now i need to figure out this POS belt problem.

Chase, I saw in National Dragster that Comp Cams makes a new and improved billet belt tensioner for late model ls1's. You may want to look into that. I don't know if that would help but it looks cool anyway! As for tires, ever thought of trying the Mickey Thompson sportsman series or BF Goodrich drag radials? I here they both work pretty well.

Congrats on 11s   :cheers:   I have drag radials and just cant get them to hook.  I went yesterday and was spinning like crazy said the hell with it and went home.

Chase, I saw in National Dragster that Comp Cams makes a new and improved billet belt tensioner for late model ls1's. You may want to look into that. I don't know if that would help but it looks cool anyway! As for tires, ever thought of trying the Mickey Thompson sportsman series or BF Goodrich drag radials? I here they both work pretty well.

it is a manual tensioner and isnt the ls1 f body serpentine belt drive different than ours? i know katech makes one for us but i have heard that a manual tensioner isnt good on a supercharged application.

A set of some good sticky tires would do you some good... although, having your truck run 11's in street form is pretty damn cool... :D Was that with or w/o the juice? your gonna have to post some pics of your N2o setup... :thumbs:

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

A set of some good sticky tires would do you some good... although, having your truck run 11's in street form is pretty damn cool... :D Was that with or w/o the juice?  your gonna have to post some pics of your N2o setup... :thumbs:

no juice ...... yet , its not a crazy set up just a nice custom made bracket to mount the solenoids and window switch , it came out pretty cool . ill post pics once i get it all hooked up , truck is getting everything pulled off it right now.