JBA INSTALL

Viperkiller97

I installed my headers today before work . (Did it ) using my buddies lift at his muffler shop . Three of us had it done in 55 minutes . I did a before and after using the Competion G-Tech Pro & Picked up 3 tenths ... :cheers: Cant wait to go to the track ... :D

Good deal that you did not have to pay for them, :thumbs:  because headers are pricey…the short tubes may make your track times slower though.

Actually Blackhawk , I felt more of a difference in my headers than any other thing I have done exceptN20 :D If that G-tech is right 3 tenths gain .... I can live with that . From 15.0 to 14.7 before and after NA ofcourse .... :thumbs:

I felt more of a difference from headers as well (it’s all I have done so far really) The ASM long tubes added probably around 20hp or so but way up in the hp curve, really feel the difference above 4000rpm.

Those JBA’s should have changed your torque curve way down low and you can probably feel the extra Oomph of the line now. I was just thinking that when you are rapping out the motor way up high in the rpm’s with NOS that your hp would suffer from the shorties…*shrugs*

j4nash:

Anything you do to this truck could possibly void the warranty, depends on how anal your service writer and manager want to be about a warranty repair. AMS headers are emissions compatible as well, besides emission testing is done through the diagnostic port in most states, they don’t use the sniffer on the tail pipe. So as long as your truck doesn’t show any fault codes you should pass emissions.

Am I 100% sure that headers won’t void my warranty…No, am I 100% worried about it…Mmmm, no. What I am worried about is a cam though, headers along with a cam, will probably fail emissions… :sigh:

Those JBA’s should have changed your torque curve way down low and you can probably feel the extra Oomph of the line now. I was just thinking that when you are rapping out the motor way up high in the rpm’s with NOS that your hp would suffer from the shorties…*shrugs*

Would the short headers perform more like the stock manifold at higher RPM's?? Or just not as well as the long tube headers?

:crazy:

Would the short headers perform more like the stock manifold at higher RPM's?? Or just not as well as the long tube headers?

IMO JBA’s are just a shiny version of the stock headers. Long tube headers will raise your power curve to were it matters most in the upper hp curve…the shorties will give you more low-end torque good for towing and such…

:crazy:

IMHO Deezel any kind of header over exhaust manifolds are an improvement . Quality is the main factor . I like JBA quality .L.T. vs shorties .The major difference is longtubes are very difficult to get smogged in Ca. They do out flow shorties .My JBA headers have a carb# right on the headers . Plus they bolt on easily . Long tubes require exhaust work from a shop . The smog inspection can fail you visually for long tubes . Blackhawk says he got around 20 h.p. for his longtubes . My shorties probly netted me 15 :D I can live with that . Plus Nitrous will like that exhaust flow .Also I felt that I had too much exhaust with that spintech . It sounds great but I feel I lost a little torque down low .I think that spintech out flows a flowmaster almost 2 to 1 . My truck felt slower after the muffler was installed :nono: I hope I found the right combo for me ? I can always change it Later :thumbs:

Archived