Silverado recall commin!!!!!

Chevcup47

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter if your warranty is dead!! mine just expired!!!!

recalls usually extend to all vehicles affected. warranty or not.

as far as i know.

Great or else id complain and cry! :D and I actually got a rep to take a drive with me, and the steering wheel clunked hard when he was backing up, he never did fix it but he took notes of it, and I will bitch and complain until those notes are found and make them fix it for being negligent!

This recall hasnt been made public yet. it was in a notice for chevy service managers. ive got two buddies i went to school with and raced with that are the number one tecks at this dealer. they always get notice before it accualy takes place. should be soon im being told anyway also. theyve never stered me wrong yet. oh and it should cover your truck warranty or not its there defect not yours

Edited by Chevcup47 (see edit history)

This may be true but I'm very skeptical. When you think about it, a recall would likely involve all silverado's from 1999 to 2007 (a lot of bucks). A service bulletin would address those trucks that experienced a problem only (more logical). Unless this is a serious safety issue, I'm not aware of any accidents as a result of this issue, then GM would likely be forces to do a recall.

Well I was goingto take mine out and put a grease fitting in it, guess I'll wait and see :confused:

Hey I had just put that on another thread that you had thought of that idea, reckon they stole it from you? You should have patened it and you could have been rich

Yes my service manager also told me to wait untill january for there newest revised shaft that he said will hopefully end these problems.Also i have seen this stated by several gm techs so i believe this recall is going to happen.

it might happen but i think gm wants to wait until next year for $$$ reasons, not for a revised shaft. at my shop our managers want to wait till next year to start buying new shop tools and stock parts so that we stay ahead of business plan as much as possible. just so they get a bigger bonus. :icon_bs:

Edited by wody (see edit history)