Dad's Heart Surgery

montanass

Hey guys! I just thought I would let ya'll know that my dad had his open heart surgery today (monday). He went in at around 9:30 and was out of surgury by 12:30. They had to replace his aortic (sp) valve and they also had to remove an anurism (sp) at his aortic root. The surgeons were saying he's a poster child for this and similar proceedures, which is really quite comforting. He did very well, and is still in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) for the next 24 hours.

I went in to see him in the ICU. He had all the tubes and respirator going on and it was a little disturbing to see my father in that kind of shape, but I got most of that out of my system when he had his neck/back operation about 2 months ago. I'm handling it very well and I was the "rock" for my mom, sister and my four aunts (all my dad's sisters) who all at one point were a little emotional. (lots of hugs) :)

My girl, Morgan tagged along and helped my keep it together, I couldn't have done it without her. Anyways... Dad gets to stay at the hospital until Friday or Saturday depending on how well he starts to get better. The hard part is over, now he gets to get on track to a long road to recovery.

thanks for reading! :thumbs:

-Cody :)

Thats great news. Before you know it he'll be back home! Congrat Cody, you did good holdin it all together for your mom.  :thumbs:

:withstupid:

Cody , you've been through a lot in a very short period of time.

Sounds as though you've done very well keeping things in perspective and being there for your Mom and Dad :thumbs: As someone who is probably around your parents age...it really makes them proud the way you've handled yourself. Sounds like Morgan is a keeper too ;)

Hope for a quick recovery and my thoughts and prayers to you and your family