Vibration at higher speeds

TAR 71

i would rotate the tires and see if it goes away. if it does, have them rebalanced. i rebalance mine every 6k and rotate them.

have you ever removed your frount drive shaft? when the dealer replaced my frount diff. there was a vibration in the frount at speed, and they took the shaft and rotated it 180* and reinstalled it and it went away  :dunno:

if there was no problems with it before the tire replacement, and balancing has not changed it then you may just have a bad tire. i still have stock tires on mine, and i run 75-80 all the time and it's smooth

good luck

:seeya:

As far as I know, the front d/s hasn't ever been out, but I can't say for sure as I've only owned the truck for about 5 weeks now. The new tires were put on the day I bought the truck, so I can't really say how the old tires did. They were not unusually worn or anything. I'll rotate tires later this week and see if it helps.

Tim

the vibration in mine got really bad so i took it to my dealer (we have a good relationship so they dont give me trouble about mods and speed ) and they changed the front diff side bearings and it was smooth for a while but 20000 later its back only at high speed tho .

• 11 months later...

I have a vibration as well at high speeds. Mine does it(starts at) about 132km (80-85mph). This sound is also accompanied by the notorious front end growl at slow speeds while turning sharply. The low speed problem has been getting worse, but the high speed issue is reletively new. The truck is in the Chevy shop now to fix the problem so Ill let you know the outcome.

Mine does it (always has) from right at 80mph and beyond. But mine is more of a small vibration that I feel in the pedals/floorpan....Noone that rides with me feels it, but they aren't anal like I am either.

I always figured it was the driveshafts not being perfectly balanced.

Wow, this is an old thread. I totally forgot about even starting it. The tires were Eagle LS's, the exact same as what came on it new. I took the truck and had the tires rebalanced and none were found to be out of balance. I never did find out what was causing it and it didn't do it everytime. I don't have the truck anymore so it isn't an issue now. The ss was totalled back in Oct. Hopefully, you guys having this same vibration find what's causing it, I'm curious what the problem is.

• 6 years later...