Supercharger install

GEAR M UP

I like what you did with the gauges. :thumbs: Nice pics...

Did you have to cut/modify the dash bezel to fit them in there? I have been considering the same location on the dash, but with digital gauges behind the bezel (i.e inside the dash). That way, it would just look like a blank panel on the dash when power is off...

Dave, the under dash fuse panel should have an "illum" fuse. If you have a meter, remove the fuse and read the side that has 12V on it, with the lights on (was the right blade as you look at it, on his). Get a fuse tap (essentially a blade that fits down with your fuse that extends out with a metal tab for you to tap into with a standard connector) and run your positive wire to it. Then find any good ground. Should even work for the dimmer function.

This is how I wired in my buddie's gauges this past weekend. He has a '01 diesel, but should be the same for the dash light stuff. Let me know.

Looks good, Jeff :thumbs: Let us know how the pulley swap goes.

slim, look in the bottom left of his last pic, behind the battery... I almost missed it too.. :cheers:

Got it. that was easy to miss.

I have e-fans also and didn't like the pump hanging down in fron of them so I put the shroud back on and mounted it to that.

For you Magnacharger guys, I noticed something today while my hood was up. My resevior has a leak around the top fitting. I thought that it maybe needed to be tightened just a little, but that didn't seem to be it. So I took the fitting off, thinking I was just going to maybe add some teflon tape, and noticed that there was a crack where the threads are, perpindicular (sp?) to the threads. It wasn't in the seam like I thought it would have been.

I was very careful in my install not to overtighten this fitting. Why they ever wanted to do a brass to plastic connection is beyond me.

So I called Magnacharger and without question they are sending me a different one that has the brass reinfocement in the threads. Sounded like it has been an issue before.

So, don't know which one you guys have, but may want to periodically check to see if there is any evidence of leaking. Mine did not leak when it was installed.

Archived