Kenne Bell Supercharger

Plwtwo

Well good on you if you have engineered something. :thumbs: Again, NHTOC is the place to hear how good the KB is and what problems/joys guys have experienced. Don't let it turn you away because it's a Ford site. Some people are that way. Tons of info there, as well as, here.

I have the Kenne Bell system on my SS. Only problems to date are the tuning of the PCM, as to shift points. Right now my WOT 1-2 shift hits the rev limit and falls flat on it's face. If i ease up a hair at 5200 rpm it shifts right.

The lead tech said to send the PCM back for reprograming, which I will do.

Main complaint is, in the future I cannot change the programming myself. LS1Edit will not work with the KB programming.

CD

Main complaint is, in the future I cannot change the programming myself. LS1Edit will not work with the KB programming.

CD

Is KB locking the PCM? Is that what they are telling you, or what you have discovered on your own?

What did the tech say they were going to change? My PCM is going in Monday, maybe I should tell them now so I can solve the problem before it starts. Happy with everything else though?

As for my intercooler It will basically set like the Lighting truck or even the 5.0 Mustang versions, if it fits. This is my preThanksgiving project. So I have yet to try it. I have installed new Taylor Thundervolt Wires, Cold air intake and they helped some on take off and now the throttle is more instint. Iridium plugs on stand by, until the rest of the install next week. And should have my Corsa exhaust by then, Too :lol:

Anybody, have any problems with it, other than it hanging low?

"Is KB locking the PCM? Is that what they are telling you, or what you have discovered on your own? "

This is what KB Tech support told me twice. The PCM is reprogramed for the larger injectors, and fuel mixtures. Only KB can change the programming.

So far as locking, the problem is related to how LS1Edit reads the stock program and modifies only certian fields. When the KB program is installs you no longer have the stock tables for LS1Edit to read. "So I have been told"

CD

Again, more than likely, you can read the KB program. After you read it, have it burnt back to stock by the dealer. Then copy adjustments made by KB into your new program w/ EDIT. It would take a little time to open and copy changes, but well worth it over a mail order tune. :thumbs:

as far as i know, the kenn bell doesn't change programming, but poorly changes the information the pcm see's to change it's responses. i could be off on that, but.....

Zippy- KB does like the Magnacharger, they "reprogram" your PCM (change the data actually, not the program). I think you are thinking of Whipple's add on 'puters that work to fool your existing PCM.

This is what KB Tech support told me twice. The PCM is reprogramed for the larger injectors, and fuel mixtures. Only KB can change the programming.

They probably say that to keep you from trying, but unless they specificly lock the PCM you can read it with LS1Edit and try massaging the tables. This is what I have been able to to with the Radix tuning from Magnacharger. I have not written any changes back yet. Need to learn more before that step :D

Archived