Noisy Drivers seat

2006SilverSS

Hey All,

I've been dealing with the dealer for a couple months now trying to figure out what the hell is going on with the drivers seat :banghead:. The seat creaks like crazy when I'm driving. This happens durring accelerations, turns, and pretty much any time my weight shifts in the seat. The sound seems to be coming from the upper backrest portion of the seat. I can re-create the sound by simply pressing my back into the seat.

Has anyone else experienced this? Especially on a newer truck as the last tech that I talked to at the dealer said that they have made changes to the seats over the last couple years.

The seat has been torn apart, lubed, and had a couple parts replaced already with no resolution, and it's getting really frustrating. It's BS (not to mention annoying) having a seat that creaks on a new truck.

Any advice on what to have the dealership check out would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2006SilverSS

daryl, talk to the girl service writer at courtesy chevrolet. they are planning on changing my complete seatbacks when i get around to bringing back in. you might mention my name and see if she'll do the same for you. sorry i can't remember her name but her office is right next to Todd's.

good luck.

Mine did the same thing. while it was still under warranty i took it in to the dealer and they repaired it. It is a common problem with the seat track in these trucks. And yes IT WILL drive you crazy :banghead:  untill you fix it!

So it can be fixed? What did they do?

Mike

Most common to be a seatback frame but I have fixed a few with insulating some of the components with in the seat. I had one seat that the seatback fame was replaced three times. Service manager was

Scratching his head because the driver was only like 160 lbs. Then we saw the wife. BIG girl . Sometimes the seatback bolster rubs on the frame too causing a squeak. I did body/trim and electrical

For 15 years at a GM stealership and repaired a whole lotta seats. I was pissed when I saw the seatbelt

Retractor in the GMT 800 99-06 C/K trucks. Then they had a major recall :banghead::chevy::ughdance:

:mad::rant:

you're not alone man. I have only had mine 6 months and it started doing it recently. I don't hear it that often over the exhaust and stereo. It is not annoying enough yet to take it to the dealer.................. :driving: