Max Boost

BenKey

personally if i was going to change pistons, i'd just add cubic inch and keep the compression the same. i'd say a stroker with 8psi would be pretty impressive. working on the rest of the drivetrain can pick up more also. even lighter wheels like the weld evo series, etc. many more ways to go faster to go with the boost.

4lbs. of boost is equal to 1 point of compression. say you have a 10.5 to 1 motor and at 5500 rpm you are running 8 lbs. of boost. this would make you have a compression ratio of 12.5 to 1. at this rate either a intercooler would be handy or some higher octane fuel. any more boost than 10lbs. on a ss would make the compression so high that you could not afford the gas ($4 gal.) even though the motor would live if you can control the ignition timing. i have been supercharging motors for around 10 years and been a procharger distributor/dealer since 1993. i feel that the superchargers have came along way in advancement but more boost equals higher compression. higher compression equals higher octane fuel and retarding the timing. . . . .i hope this helps anyone that didnt know this.....

Archived