Test Drove somthing fromt the DARKSIDE..SS GONE?

H8R

yea, i here ya on the ride. i drove my father in law's dodge ram (not srt 10) to pick up some stuff with him for chrismas and was compleaty turned off by the ride of the thing. It felt like a f450 work truck. didn't handly corners well but was just stiff as all hell. They all seem to ride like this :shakehead: to dodge for a horrible suspention.

Most of the Ford and GM dealers had a SRT-10 or 2 for sale this fall around here .Not a great all year truck in this neck of the woods. My Work truck is a 07 Megacab Cummins Dually 4x4. It actually rides pretty decent.

2006 Silverado SS Max. Towing Capacity 7800 lbs. :D

Edited by ZX9R (see edit history)

no truck is selling well. dealerships will do anything to sell their trucks. with gas prices american car manufacturers are really eating it. if you go to buy any truck or suv, remember to not let them name their price because these chunks of iron are highly negotiable. i got my 06 SS for peanuts.  :D

ES :flag:

I hear ya, I got my SSS with only 8K on her for 20K out the door from a stealership and they were asking 25K. WOOT!

I saw some show on speed channel about 2 weeks ago and they were talking about muscle trucks and he said that Ford is about to produce a truck I guess a Ligthning with more power that is supposed to have more HP and Torque that the SRT-10's anybody else hear this?

I read this a while ago. replacement for the Lightning.

2008 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin: A year after the second-generation Sport Trac is introduced, Ford will launched a high-performance SVT version dubbed Adrenalin. This special model variant gets a supercharged 4.6-liter 32-valve V-8, six-speed automatic, all-wheel-drive, and unlike the new SVT Shelby Mustang 500, independent rear suspension. The blown 4.6 makes 390 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque in the Explorer-based truck. SVT tunes the shocks and springs, and the Adrenalin gets larger front- and rear-stabilizer bars and 295/45R21 tires. SVT says the Adrenalin will match or better the last F-150 Lightning for performance. The last Lightning Motor Trend tested did 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds. It's scheduled for mid-2007 release.

112_fvf2008_ford_adrenaline_z.jpg

Edited by ZX9R (see edit history)

The SRT-10 is a good looking truck and performer, I looked at them quite a bit a while back, they are not functional for my purpose. The interior aside from the seats are definately worst than the GM product. The truck does have a nice grunt and is a decent performer, but not many people want a truck that they can't use everyday and gets 9mpg. Prices are really cheap on these trucks now, and they are discontinued unfortunately.

I read this a while ago. replacement for the Lightning.

2008 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin: A year after the second-generation Sport Trac is introduced, Ford will launched a high-performance SVT version dubbed Adrenalin. This special model variant gets a supercharged 4.6-liter 32-valve V-8, six-speed automatic, all-wheel-drive, and unlike the new SVT Shelby Mustang 500, independent rear suspension. The blown 4.6 makes 390 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque in the Explorer-based truck. SVT tunes the shocks and springs, and the Adrenalin gets larger front- and rear-stabilizer bars and 295/45R21 tires. SVT says the Adrenalin will match or better the last F-150 Lightning for performance. The last Lightning Motor Trend tested did 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds. It's scheduled for mid-2007 release.

112_fvf2008_ford_adrenaline_z.jpg

I heard SVT was dead! Adrenaline got the AXE as well from what I read... Ill try and find the source for you guys.

ford is supposed to be realesing somthing like the FX500 or smothing like that. Which is going to be another blown 5.4..

Most of the Ford and GM dealers had a SRT-10 or 2 for sale this fall around here .Not a great all year truck in this neck of the woods. My Work truck is a 07 Megacab Cummins Dually  4x4. It actually rides pretty decent.

2006 Silverado SS  Max. Towing Capacity 7800 lbs.  :D

my bad, my SS can tow 7800lbs............................... :cheers:

that's still more than an SRT-10 can tow! :chevy:

they do have classic 07 sss but there will be no sss with the new body style.  some time midyear when the classic body style is gone so too will be the sss's.  :(

Truck Trend differs with you, as of this month's issue. They say there will be a 6.2 in a T900 Silverado SS. But Im hearing a lot about supersharged LS7's (stock 600 hp) on the way for the next CTSV and Corvette SS. Single cab, short bed T900 SSS with a supercharged LS7 says yes to me.