• Take them out
    • Cats and an X-pipe
    • No cats and an X-pipe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have high flow cats if i take them off will i throw codes? Thinking off losing them lol

If your o2 sensors havent been programed out then yes when you take the cats off you will throw codes. When I took mine off a long time ago they didnt throw a code for 1-2 months. Eventually they did and I finally just had them tuned out.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im having a cat converter code right now. I havent had time to mess witht he truck and see whats going on yet, so im not sure what it is. The MAF sensor is flagges too, so wheni get in from work (gulf of mexico) im going to clean the MAF and see what happens, If the cat remains throwing codes, im gonna get pace setter LT's and bye bye cats. I just got the truck, so ill do all that and get a tune if i cant get it straightened out. Man i would hate to have that raspy sound tho. I have dual flowmaster 40's turned down right behind the cab

Mines not raspy, but I have a DI/DO magnaflow muffler not flowmasters

X2 no cats and mangaflow all the way i have DI3"/SO4"dumped before the axle and i love the way it sounds not a fan of the smell but i can deal with it