ShakinLM7

What's the best to do when running TRUE duels  

307 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best to do when running TRUE duels

• Leave the cats in
    • Take them out
    • Cats and an X-pipe
    • No cats and an X-pipe

I'm just looking for a little input one what you guys think. I have a set of Pacesetter long tube's getting ready to be installed but I don't want to mess my engine up. I've heard of problems with valve floating and story's of messing the compression up when you remove the cats and run nothing but mufflers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just looking for a little input one what you guys think. I have a set of Pacesetter long tube's getting ready to be installed but I don't want to mess my engine up.  I've heard of problems with valve floating and story's of messing the compression up when you remove the cats and run nothing but mufflers.

what state?

...I've heard of problems with valve floating and story's of messing the compression up when you remove the cats and run nothing but mufflers.
That's total BS as far as I'm concerned - the first thing I did was gut the cats (almost 40K-miles ago).

Stealthcat.jpg

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

...I've heard of problems with valve floating and story's of messing the compression up when you remove the cats and run nothing but mufflers.
That's total BS as far as I'm concerned - I've been running gutted cats for over 35K-miles now.

Mr. P.

I bet it sounds alot better than the high flows too :D

Usually removing the cats gives the exhaust a RASPY sloppy sound IMO when headers are involved, but if it were just a mani. back style exhaust I would cut them off, or gut them like Mister P did. BUT IT IS ILLEGAL by FEDERAL LAW TO TAMPER WITH THESE BABIES..lol...

Wheres my long screwdriver and Hammer.... :cheers:

Edited by H8R (see edit history)

i would just get high flow cats, as a daily driver i can't stand the smell. i can't be going out to the nice dinners or showing up to meetings with my nice cologne on and exhaust fumes. it just smells like sh*t and if you roll with the windows down, you're going to smell like your truck too. i just can't stand the smell so i would go with the cats.

what does an x- pipe do?

ES :flag:

you don't loose very much to cats.  only about 3 percent.  this is only 3 horse power for every hundred you make.  not worth the hassel IMO

The only reason i went without any cats is because i had to cut them off for the longtubes. They ended about midway through the cats. Then I just had to put about 5 inches of pipe in there and weld it up. It was really easy. Sounds good too.