Flowmaster 80 Series

Nightshift

I've been talking to my friends at Meineke. Thinking about building a system with the Flowmaster 80 series. It's a crossover muffler so should be a true dual(?). I don't want much noise, so they would add a couple resonators in front of the muffler. Then run 2-1/2 pipe dropped down behind the rear wheels or at the rear corners.

I'm looking for a nice rumble and no/little interior resonance.

The Corsa is sweet, best price I have is $709 shipped, allot of $$$ for a single exhaust system.

Anyone use the 80 series?

WW :cool:

I've been talking to my friends at Meineke. Thinking about building a system with the Flowmaster 80 series. It's a crossover muffler so should be a true dual(?). I don't want much noise, so they would add a couple resonators in front of the muffler. Then run 2-1/2 pipe dropped down behind the rear wheels or at the rear corners.

I'm looking for a nice rumble and no/little interior resonance.

The Corsa is sweet, best price I have is $709 shipped, allot of $$$ for a single exhaust system.

Anyone use the 80 series?

WW :cool:

Honestly, curently, Corsa's probably the safest bet on no resonance. But you have got to get past the sound, not my cup-o-tea.

I may be WAY off here, but I don't think you can run a crossflow muffler on the SS. I am pretty damn sure that the inlet and outlet are on the same side of the case. So unless you want one tailpipe out the front and one out the back, I think you are going to have to use another muffler, or mount the 80 series sideways, which I don't think would work.

On top of that, have you heard an 80 series on a trans am or camaro? That's not a quiet muffler. In fact, I think the crossflow has little "muffling" effect at all.

I talked to flowmaster about running two resonators on the SS to tone down resonance and they swore I had no room to do it. I disagree, but I don't want to be the first to find out!

You're right! The 80 Series won't work, just looked close at the specs. :rolleyes:

What I understand on the Flos' is the higher the series, the quieter the sound.

There is room under there for 2 resonators, the guy I deal with built a sweet set up under his F150 with a 40 and 2 resonators, had a nice tone and not too loud. He was saying use a 50 on the SS, I came up with the bright idea of the 80. :uhoh:

Maybe I should be listening to these people instead of trying to dream this up on my own....

Trial & Error

WW :sleep:

I think you might be able to use a 70 series. Should be quieter than the 50's.

I am going to put some Super 40 Delta Flows on my truck in December! :thumbs:

-Matt

I asked Flowmaster about the 70 Series "Big Block". They said the inlets were too small 2.25", the 6.0 needs more breathing room.

They suggested a 50 Series #527504, dual 2.75" in, dual 2.50" and to use the heatshield #51222. I'd just hate to cut up the stock sysytem and not be happy with it (which has happened before). :rolleyes:

There's always the Corsa, if I didn't like it I could probably sell it to one of these fine people. :D

WW :confused:

Archived